Interconnect for a Chord?

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

After receiveing much good advice from this lovely forum, I am once again here to pillage your brains :)

Have indeed just purchased a Chord QBD76HD DAC and have a couple of queries, Chord are not replying to my email, but it is of course, almost Christmas.

Between the Chord DAC and my amp (Pathos Logos) I have a pair of Atlas Mavros XLR interconnects, and between the CD192 Arcam and the Chord DAC, I am running the Anthem tuned array coax.

I did have to purchase an adaptor to use the tuned array, as the Chord has a pair of BNC connections which I was told is fine to use just the one once I adapted the Anthem tuned array.

1) Is the Anthem tuned array in your estimeed opinion 'suitable' for the new DAC? Seemed to fit nicely with the whole synergy of the system when the D33 was in place of the Chord QBD?

2) Should the Chord QBD76HD be left on? Unless obviously I'm going to be not using it for a couple of days? It is sounding much better at the end of a 6 hour listening session than at the beginning, and today when turning it on, it did sound rather awful for a while there before warming up.

Any words of wisdom about this new DAC would be greatly appreciated, it's very new to me in many ways and the manual is, shall we say, sparse when it comes to anything other than using it for streaming or usb input 'gubbinge'. I will be 100% using it for good 'old fasioned' CD's for a wee while yet :)

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Hi Lisa, I regret I cannot answer your substantive question. However, at the risk of stating what may not be obvious, and might even account for the lack of reply, the DAC company and the cable people aren't the same firm.

I tend to leave low consumption items on, but there was recent thread in the turntables section about a phono preamp where many seemed to see no reason to leave on. It may depend upon what options are available, amongst fully off, on standby, and fully on. Not all kit has all three!

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Lisa Jackson said:
Hi there,

After receiveing much good advice from this lovely forum, I am once again here to pillage your brains :)

Have indeed just purchased a Chord QBD76HD DAC and have a couple of queries, Chord are not replying to my email, but it is of course, almost Christmas.

Between the Chord DAC and my amp (Pathos Logos) I have a pair of Atlas Mavros XLR interconnects, and between the CD192 Arcam and the Chord DAC, I am running the Anthem tuned array coax.

I did have to purchase an adaptor to use the tuned array, as the Chord has a pair of BNC connections which I was told is fine to use just the one once I adapted the Anthem tuned array.

1) Is the Anthem tuned array in your estimeed opinion 'suitable' for the new DAC? Seemed to fit nicely with the whole synergy of the system when the D33 was in place of the Chord QBD?

2) Should the Chord QBD76HD be left on? Unless obviously I'm going to be not using it for a couple of days?  It is sounding much better at the end of a 6 hour listening session than at the beginning, and today when turning it on, it did sound rather awful for a while there before warming up.

Any words of wisdom about this new DAC would be greatly appreciated, it's very new to me in many ways and the manual is, shall we say, sparse when it comes to anything other than using it for  streaming or usb input 'gubbinge'.  I will be 100% using it for good 'old fasioned' CD's for a wee while yet :)

hi most hifi needs to warm up a little too get the best out of it.personally I would try a clearer audio Silver-line Optimus Interconnect and Silver-line Optimus 75 Digital Interconnect these are very good with chord electronic's.you get a 30 day money back guarantee so nothing to lose.i use Clearer audio optimus reference on my hifi.i wouldn't use anything else.check out the Facebook page it has a pick of one of their customers with chord and there wires

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
seemorebtts said:
Lisa Jackson said:
Hi there,

2) Should the Chord QBD76HD be left on? Unless obviously I'm going to be not using it for a couple of days? It is sounding much better at the end of a 6 hour listening session than at the beginning, and today when turning it on, it did sound rather awful for a while there before warming up.

Any words of wisdom about this new DAC would be greatly appreciated, it's very new to me in many ways and the manual is, shall we say, sparse when it comes to anything other than using it for streaming or usb input 'gubbinge'. I will be 100% using it for good 'old fasioned' CD's for a wee while yet :)

hi most hifi needs to warm up a little too get the best out of it.personally I would try a clearer audio Silver-line Optimus Interconnect and Silver-line Optimus 75 Digital Interconnect these are very good with chord electronic's.you get a 30 day money back guarantee so nothing to lose.i use Clearer audio optimus reference on my hifi.i wouldn't use anything else.check out the Facebook page it has a pick of one of their customers with chord and there wires

From personal experience I would add a cautionary word of warning about using a Silver-line Optimus 75 Digital Interconnect with a Chord QBD76 DAC. Both are very, very "lively" so make sure you hear the combo before buying. I found the two in combination to be extremely revealing but ultimately fatiguing.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Gazzip said:
seemorebtts said:
Lisa Jackson said:
Hi there,

2) Should the Chord QBD76HD be left on? Unless obviously I'm going to be not using it for a couple of days?  It is sounding much better at the end of a 6 hour listening session than at the beginning, and today when turning it on, it did sound rather awful for a while there before warming up.

Any words of wisdom about this new DAC would be greatly appreciated, it's very new to me in many ways and the manual is, shall we say, sparse when it comes to anything other than using it for  streaming or usb input 'gubbinge'.  I will be 100% using it for good 'old fasioned' CD's for a wee while yet :)

From personal experience I would add a cautionary word of warning about using a Silver-line Optimus 75 Digital Interconnect with a Chord QBD76 DAC. Both are very, very "lively" so make sure you hear the combo before buying. I found the two in combination to be extremely revealing but ultimately fatiguing.
yes this could be a factor as the optimus can get a bit bright which is why I have the reference.does have a great natural sound tho and get 30 day trial;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts