interconnect advice

zokinjo

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone, first of all sry for bad english, not my native.

want to improve sound, here is setup:

asus xonar essence st - have burr brown dac Burr-Brown PCM 1792

Marantz PM6005

Wharfedale diamond 9.3

Room is 4mx4meters

Speakers are near rear wall, 5cm from wall, since speakesr are front ported dont know will moving them away from wall do any difference.

Also, question is, does lenght of interconnect affect sound quality, have qed profile but its 5meters long.

Problem is that my bass sounds losen up and not very precise, i understand that room is worse it can get, with that dimensions, and no curtains..

So, should i try different interconnect, shorten one but needs to be at list 1.5meters, if so can i get advice on one, budget is round 100£, aim on imporving precision on lower ends.

I am already thinking of replacing front speakers, so mite try this before actual shopping.

Here is picture of Setup: http://imgur.com/Xi5MIYr

Speakers are 2meters from each other, listening distance is 4meters(from wall to wall)

Any help is appreciated,

best regards, Zoran.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
zokinjo said:
Room is 4mx4meters

Speakers are near rear wall, 5cm from wall, since speakesr are front ported dont know will moving them away from wall do any difference.

You're right, best to try throwing money at the problem rather than a 30 second experiment that won't cost you anything...

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Moving the speakers will make far more difference than a new cable, really people attach far too much importance to cables. Your problem is the room and speaker positioning IMHO. I would say the speakers should be further apart if you are 4m away, try moving them out into the room as well.

Hifi Sound

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I would suggest that you try the system without the sub and see what the bass performance is like then, slow, wooly or undefined bass can be a problem when using a sub/sat system like yours.

A little bit of experimentation with the x-over point, volume level of the sub and tweaking the position of your speakers can have a great impact on the sound.

As others have stated, a new interconnect is going to have little affect.

Barry

zokinjo

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for comments.
Room is 4x4m but there is a door which take on the left side 1m so its 3m wall where i have equpment. Sub is not used for stereo its connected to av recever. Do the lack of space i can only move speakers few centimiters from each other and from wall, will try that, thanks for advices

zokinjo

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Speakers are now 180cm from each other, 15cm from rear wall. its best i can do, will test and hear results, again thanks for advices.

Question about changing speakers, yes i think i will have chance to audiditon QA concept 20, at my place, so its an option.

Regarding few forum members that posted, love sarcasm, keep it up,

best regards

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Could you turn the entire contents of your room around by 180 degrees or 90 degrees?

Or are there other doors / windows that would be in the way?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
What is it with the 21st century and the proliferation of bare painted walls and wood laminate floors. Then people write in complaining their HiFi sounds crap. The rooms must sound like a reverb chamber.

pravstar

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem as you with my musical fidelity amp and proac speakers. You will find a g spot for your speaker but it will take you a couple of days, mine is 18 cm from rear wall. I also used some leftover rolls of carpet to dampen the sound and tighten the bass and this also added improvement, your qed profile is more than sufficient even though there are better diy cables, I've tested loads of cables but i'd also advocate not spending large amounts on these

zokinjo

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately i can't turn room around, because sofa, window and radiator, among other stuff.

I know that ideal would be if i had room only for listening music, but i am not that ritch to buy house or bigger apartment, this is my limit, here where i live we have smaller living spaces then some more developed countries, sure there is bigger apartments but in this period of my life im stuck here.

Also, its living space so i cant put difuzors or stuff like that because girlfriend wount allowe it. it makes room "ugly" so its also not an option (ye i am not man in my house:))

Will try everything sugested and post rezults here, again thanks everyone that tried to help:)

zokinjo

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Today i did not go to work, so i went to city 50km away to audition few speakers:

QA concept 20

MA bronze 2

Dali Zensor 3

Everything sounded ok, bud Dalis was best for my taste, so i took them home.

Jesus, out of the box my room is alive, i have loads of clear mids, fantastic highs and bass is awsome, everything detailed and separated, bass punching and goes realy deep, i know that it needs some time to burn in but this is fantastic as it is.

It was last pair, storefront last spekers so got em for 200ponuds, never plugged in and brand new.

What i can say, my room is dancing now, realy happy :)

Thanks everyone for advices but it was speakers after all that did not fit my new apartment, gonna sell them now that i got new ones :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts