Integrated Amp with built in Phono, pre and bluetooth

DannyB

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

Looking for suggestions for the above.

Will be for connecting mainly turntable and streaming music

I'm not sure on budget just yet but please give me some low, mid and high level options that would be great.

Thanks in advance

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
What seems a relatively simple request turns out not to be so simple in practice.

Putting Bluetooth imto an amp requires an onboard dac, which immediately shifts the emphasis onto digital playback, and since vinyl is the ultimate analogue source this functionality is rarely seen together.

You can find some receivers that will do all this, the Yamaha RN602 for example, but that does have a lot of extra functionality that you are paying for but perhaps do not want. Not so easy if you want a more 'purist' stereo amp.

I am sure such an amplifier does exist, but I can not think of an obvious example. Personally I would split things up with an outboard phono stage and a Bluetooth amplifier, it may give you some more options.

DannyB

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
davedotco said:
What seems a relatively simple request turns out not to be so simple in practice.

Putting Bluetooth imto an amp requires an onboard dac, which immediately shifts the emphasis onto digital playback, and since vinyl is the ultimate analogue source this functionality is rarely seen together.

You can find some receivers that will do all this, the Yamaha RN602 for example, but that does have a lot of extra functionality that you are paying for but perhaps do not want. Not so easy if you want a more 'purist' stereo amp.

I am sure such an amplifier does exist, but I can not think of an obvious example. Personally I would split things up with an outboard phono stage and a Bluetooth amplifier, it may give you some more options.

Thanks dave,

I was thinking maybe something like this http://www.cyrusaudio.com/products/one-series/cyrus-one

I seem to have created a little typo error in the heading I'm looking for an integrated amp with PHONO PREAMP and BLUETOOTH not PHONO, PRE and bluetooth if that makes sense!

Damned the misplaced comma.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
DannyB said:
davedotco said:

Thanks dave,

I was thinking maybe something like this http://www.cyrusaudio.com/products/one-series/cyrus-one

I seem to have created a little typo error in the heading I'm looking for an integrated amp with PHONO PREAMP and BLUETOOTH not PHONO, PRE and bluetooth if that makes sense!

Damned the misplaced comma.

I have little experience of Cyrus product, but that seems to tick all your boxes. It should be in the dealers by now, perhaps give it a try?

I was thinking along the lines of a Quad Vena with an outboard phono stage, simalar sort of price.

As is usual, getting to try these yourself will tell you which suits you best.

jjbomber said:
DannyB said:

Rotel RA-11 and RA-12 have phono stages and bluetooth. Is that what you mean?

Good suggestion, you got there before me. They have a good quality DAC and Bluetooth dongle along with a phono preamp.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
May I ask why BT?

You could just hang a tiny CCA out the back. That frees you up regarding choice somewhat and it probably has better signal reliability and sound quality).

Not saying the stage in the cyrus one is bad (I wouldn't know) but Rega make good stages too amongst others.

For what it's worth I like everything about the cyrus but much rather have wifi than bt.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts