Integrated Amp for EB2 - Rega Brio R or Marantz Pearl Lite

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

First post here, so please bare with me!

I'm a massive music fan, and I'm in the process of setting up my first system. So far I've only a pair of EB Acoustic EB2's, yet no source or Amp to drive.

I'm looking for suggestions / thoughts on the pros and cons between the Rega Brio-R and the Marantz Pearl Lite Integrated Amps. And any differences between the two. I'm probably able to pick them up for a similiar price so interested to hear any thoughts.

I listen to mostly acoustic / folky / rocky / reggae kind of music more so than classical, techno etc.

As I don't have a dedicated source, I was also leaning toward pairing the Brio-R with a Rega DAC, however, if I went with the Marantz, I'd begin to look at other DACs.

Any thoughts would be great! I've spent so long researching / reading, that I think no doubt I'll be happy with either.

thaks,

tofe

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Nice speakers but you need to decide what you are going to use as a source. Get that sorted first then worry about the amp.

You mention DACs so presume you are going for a digital source or possibly CDs ... I wonder which.

Just out of interest out of the two amps you mention I would pick the Rega but again until you decide on a source its not 100%.

Audition as many items as you can, only your ears will tell you what sounds right!

Us forumites can only offer suggestions after all.

Read and research all you like but ultimately you have just got to listen, and preferably in your own home.

A

Anonymous

Hi, thanks for the welcome and feedback.

With regard to source, I mainly have a collection of .flacs currently sitting on an old laptop. So to get started I was thinking of using that as a source, before eventually moving toward a NAS and SqueezeBox Touch.

I also plan on getting an entry / mid level turntable in the near future.

Any thoughts would be great.

cheers,

tofe

Hi tofe

Budget permitting Naim's Nait 5i, Nait XS and Densen Audio Technologies B-110 Plus are also worth a look. I've found Rega's DAC and Chord Electronics new Chordette QuteHD DAC to pair well with these three amplifiers.

http://chordelectronics.co.uk/products-info.asp?id=78

Fwiw, i believe that Naim is one of the brands of amplification which Richard Allen uses to develop his speakers with.

As for a turntable i'll recommend Rega's superb RP1 and RP3/Elys 2.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

MUSICRAFT said:
Hi tofe

Budget permitting Naim's Nait 5i, Nait XS and Densen Audio Technologies B-110 Plus are also worth a look. I've found Rega's DAC and Chord Electronics new Chordette QuteHD DAC to pair well with these three amplifiers.

Fwiw, i believe that Naim is one of the brands of amplification which Richard Allen uses to develop his speakers with.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

With the Densens does it still cost an arm and a leg for a remote control?

plastic penguin said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi tofe

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi plastic penguin

Densen's optional Gizmo remote costs £150.

http://densen.dk/index.php?page=densen-gizmo

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

MUSICRAFT said:
plastic penguin said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi tofe

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi plastic penguin

Densen's optional Gizmo remote costs £150.

http://densen.dk/index.php?page=densen-gizmo

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

And what's the recommended retail price for the B-110? About £1500?

A

Anonymous

Hi toffee,I have the Rega EB2 with Dac and Naim Nait 5i and the combination is absolutely fantastic. The EB1 are more dynamic, so that for EB2 you need an amplifier with power reserve. Marantz PM6003 With the sound was clear but with less weight in the bass.

Hi Tofe,

I have the EB2 with a Rega Dac and a Naim Nait 5i and the combination is absolutely fantastic. The EB1 are more dynamic, so that for the EB2 you need an amplifier with power reserve. With the Marantz PM6003 the sound was clear but with less weight in the bass. With Cyrus, the sound was anemic.

Regards

plastic penguin said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi tofe

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Platic Penguin are you looking for a Densen Gizmo remote??

There is one on Ebay at the moment but it has a reserve set.

Alears said:
plastic penguin said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi tofe

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Platic Penguin are you looking for a Densen Gizmo remote??

There is one on Ebay at the moment but it has a reserve set.

No - Mr. Derbycraft has recommended the Densen on many occasions but can't remember him mentioning the remote is an extra £150 (I could be wrong). Not all will need a remote but given it isn't a cheap amp, and around that price range most of makers include a remote, it would be good if he had mentioned that little addition.

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Goethe said:
Hi toffee,I have the Rega EB2 with Dac and Naim Nait 5i and the combination is absolutely fantastic. The EB1 are more dynamic, so that for EB2 you need an amplifier with power reserve. Marantz PM6003 With the sound was clear but with less weight in the bass.

Hi Tofe,

I have the EB2 with a Rega Dac and a Naim Nait 5i and the combination is absolutely fantastic. The EB1 are more dynamic, so that for the EB2 you need an amplifier with power reserve. With the Marantz PM6003 the sound was clear but with less weight in the bass. With Cyrus, the sound was anemic.

Regards

+1 for Rega Dac & Naim Nait 5i. Work great together for me with Squeezebox Touch.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I auditioned a rega brio r and DAC , it ble me away, now the proud owner of said amp & DAC, got some Neat Motive 3 being delivered tomorrow for demo......if all is good will be buying them

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts