Integrated Amp DAC with Digital In

FiNakoma

Apr 24, 2020
Visit site
I'm looking for an integrated amp new or second hand but best quality value that I can get.

Main uses will be a combination of driving smaller bookshelf speakers in a home office and I'll also be using high-end headphones also.

Main source will be from either my work PC which only has USB or my other one which has optical out. So needs USB / Optical in and a really good DAC. Ideally I'd like an all in one box but would consider splitting up if the quality was better. Source on PC will be FLAC, Tidal and Spotify.

I'd also like at some point to add a record deck. So if it had phono even better.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

I was looking at the Cambridge Audio CXA60, 61, 80, 81 or Cyrus HD One region.

rainsoothe

I'd look at the Quad Vena 2 (if you want a warm-ish sound, or have bright sounding speakers or headphones), Cyrus One HD (more balanced, on the neutral to warm side) or Audiolab M One (if you like a more detailed, brighter sound and/or have warm sounding speakers and headphones).

I haven't heard the Audiolab, to be fair, but it's probably cut from the same cloth as the other Audiolab stuff. I did home dem the Cyrus and I'm not the hater WHF is :))
Heard the Vena with the Z2 speakers and they make a very fine pairing.
I wonder what speakers the OP was referring to.
Got to admit I do have a soft spot for Quad kit, my home theatre speaker system is Quad

Dom

Hi there. Just looking at the quad page. 20Hz to 20KHz for the DAC. Seems a bit safe? My amp's frequency range goes from 3Hz to 100KHz.
My question is how does the amp deliver those frequency's if the DAC doesn't. Does the amp do something special?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts