Integrate Project Carbon with Home cinema System 5.1 BDV-E2100

the kurgan

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Recently looking to get back into listening to my vinyl collection as has been neglected for a couple of years for various reasons in which time I had to part with some of my setup specfically my Sonos Connect Amp & Speakers.I'm a novice so looking for a bit of advice.I have a Project Debut Carbon hooked up to a ART USB Phono Plus PS Phono/Line Pre-Amplifier with USB which originally was hooked up to my Sonos Connect Amp which inturn was hooked up to Q accoustic passive 2020i Speakers.Obviously I don't have the Sonos AMP anymore so before I start mulling over buying an Amp again I was wondering whether my SonY BDV-E2100 which is 5.1 Wireless Home cinema might be upto the job.I would be great to use my existing system.http://www.whathifi.com/sony/bdv-e2100/specs If memory serves me right Ill be able to plug my chromecast Audio into the back of it and possibly usemy Q accoustics speakers aswell. A one stop shop but Im wondering whether Im sacrificing good audio for bad and best to keep my HI-Fi sepe.rate My other alternative route I'm thinking is a Marantz pm6006.Love to hear people opinions.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Looking at the specs it seems to have one 3.5mm audio analog input. So if you add a phono preamp it should be possible with an rca to 3.5mm cable

something like this http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201010-project-phonobox-mm-blk.aspx

Doubt you could use passive speakers though

Marantz pm6005/6 with q acoustics would be so much beter

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
the instruction manual for the op's existing phono pre-amp shows a pair of phono outputs so all he needs is a standard phono to phono cable to go from the pre-amp to the audio in sockets on the back of his Sony unit.

but I do agree that the Marantz amp would produce better quality sound than the Sony.

*music2*

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
macdiddy said:
the instruction manual for the op's existing phono pre-amp shows a pair of phono outputs so all he needs is a standard phono to phono cable to go from the pre-amp to the audio in sockets on the back of his Sony unit.

but I do agree that the Marantz amp would produce better quality sound than the Sony.

*music2*

I only looked at the Sony to see it had an input

the kurgan

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys, Just ordered the PM6006 and feel all the better for it !!no messing around.It comes with an inbuilt phono so wil lsee how it compares to the Art pre-AMP

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts