admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
WHAT OR WHO PROVIDE THE BEST INSURANCE FOR MY T.V, I'M ASKING BECAUSE IT'S COMING UP TO A YEAR OLD AND DIDN'T COME WITH A FIVE YEAR WARRANTY. MY HOUSE COVER WILL COVER ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE BUT NOT NORMAL FAULTS, MY PREVIOUS T.V WAS COVERED BY DOMESTIC & GENERAL WHO WERE GOOD BUT A BIT EXSPENSIVE. ANY IDEAS WOULD BE A HELP.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
No need to shout!! (CAPS LOCK Off
emotion-1.gif
) .. Domestic & General are the main players for insurance outside manfacturers warranty not sure about others and I would think they would be similarly priced. If its not at the age of who cares I need a new TV If I were u I think i would probably have an accident with it just prior to it breaking!!!

Hopefully its lasted a year so will soldier on for many years and it won't be a problem , they do tend to go early in my experience.

ukgthor

Sep 19, 2007
Visit site
It might also be an idea to check the manufacturers website, as you should be able to still purchase an extended warranty if your TV is still in its first year, if not another alternative is Allianz.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Before singing on the dotted line make sure to read the small print as alot of these extended warrantys work on a sliding scale and cover less/pay out less the further down the line you go, so say if you had a terminal fault in the 4th year you may only get say 30% of the replacement value.
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys,some good information, will act accordingly

idc

Self insure your own goods. Find out much the warranty costs and stick that into a bank account. Actuaries have calculated the likely cost of a repair and added other costs and a profit based on the likelyhood of a breakdown. Do the same with any other goods you have. Last year that resulted in me putting just over £400 into my warranty account. I usually stop at about the £500 mark as I have never had to pay out anything as much as that and I have been doing this for nearly 20 years. My warranty account pays out no matter what, unlike any other warranty.

The only thing I fully insure is the house, home and contents and the cat because in the event of a disaster £500 would be no where near enough to cover losses. I have saved a fortune and a lot of hassle over the years.

A

Anonymous

I'm a director of an insurance broker (UK) and one of my jobs is to give advice on risk and the appropriate insurance policy to remove the risk.

I can never recommend to any client the purchase of guarantee insurance on new electrical products. Its so expensive on items which are relatively reliable and if you've done the job right in the first place, most will have come with a five year guarantee. You can buy cheaper without the guarantee, but add up the cost of insurance over 4 years and its not worth it

You can insure a £200,000 house for All Risks cover for £150

You can insure a 42inch plasma for guarantee insurance for £80pa and its worth £1,000 max (won't even mention excess)

We are regulated by the FSA and one thing we hae to adhere to is the principle of TCF - Treating the Customer Fairly

PPI (Payment Protection Insurance) has just been banned by the FSA at the point of sale - the sales chap can only contact you after 7 days after purchase to offer you this cover

Guarantee insurance is likely to go this way albeit the point of sale often is a year after purchase

We get commission on all guarantee policies we sell, but we can't recommend it due to cost, restriction in cover, reliable products and taking my professional hat off for a moment, we have seen many claims where accidental damage was the cause for the tv to breakdown as opposeed to the electrics ( claim went through last week when someone spilt tar on their 13 month tv as they were re-doing their drive !!!!!!!!)

They got a new TV costing £100 - their excess!!!

I never buy this insurance and they reckon I'm an expert on insurance (and I'd like to think I am)

Don't do it folks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts