Installed my new Pioneer Plasma, new dvd player required?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've installed my new Pioneer plasma (427XD) and have it hooked up to my old DVD player, a Pioneer DV-565A, via a component cable (QED P-CV1). When it's running, i've been impressed with the picture i get from some of my old favourite disks.

However, if i turn my dvd player off/on it looses it's connection settings and i can see nothing on the screen. I either have to get the scart back in and change the settings in the home menu options to prog scan from interlace or memorise the menu system and do it blind. I've now mastered the blind menu (2 down, enter, 1 down, enter, right enter, 1 down enter, ...etc) but my wife is getting ready to throw remotes at my lovely new screen when wanting to watch her new Harry Potter box set. It's not ideal and seems like a good exuse for a new player to me!

I've spotted the new Pioneer DV-600A which has some nice features and can be had for as little as £130 and i've also been impressed with reviews the award winning Denon gets, which can be had for around £200. Will connecting a player via HDMI will solve my problems?

Has anyone come across or have veiws on this new Pioneer player? And will i notice much difference in quality in comparison to my old Pioneer 565A connceted via component? I not that keen on splashing out big bucks for a player right now if i'm going to be lusting after an HD-DVD or blue ray jobby in a year or two once things have settled in that market.

thanks,

Aaron

A

Anonymous

another question on the back of this, do these players come multi region generally from most suppliers or can this be done via software or the remote??

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I think a player connected via HDMI, and preferably one with built-in upscaling, should solve the problem. Don't think the WHFSV crew have seen the Pioneer you mention yet, but will no doubt be corrected in short order if they have! The Denon should be good, as would a budget machine such as the little Toshiba SD-370.

In general terms, it's best to buy these players multiregioned, as they usually don't cost any more in this form than as a standard R2 version. Some you can hack with a remote code, some you can't - it's a bit hit and miss.

A

Anonymous

Was just about to press the buy button on a Denon 1930 and then someone goes and mentions a 1940 coming out soon, holding out until I see this famous issue out on 23rd August! Also have my eye's on the new Pioneer DV-600AV - If any one has seen one of these running and has any veiws I'd love to hear them.

I have just bought a component cable though, so it will be returned in favour of a new hdmi one. Will I notice much differnce between the QED HDMI-P and the QED HDMI-SR?? whatever player I do go for it will be plugged directly into my Pioneer 4270XD.

thanks again

A

Anonymous

Word of caution on the denon 1930 - have read on many people complain about lip synch issues. I jotted my concerns to'Denon' they didnt deny this and told me that buying a denon amp with time delay would be the solution..... mmm

I bought the pioneer 696 which has recently been replaced with the 600 and have been impressed with it. My friend has the newer 600 and runs it on his new pioneer plasma and is also impressed. Pictures are sharp, menu easy and feature packed.... oh and no lip synch issues.

I think £130 is about right for the pioneer dvd - I would suggest getting multi region as the hack seems very involved for the sake of £15ish

TRENDING THREADS