Inexpensive speakers (Diamond 9.0s v Mon Audio BR1s)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I need a small pair of speakers and was thinking of the Wharfdale Diamond 9.0s but was wondering if the extra £50 for the Monitor Audio BR1s was worth paying; size is an issue hence the choice of these 2 speakers and they would be used as background music when I am cooking/entertaining. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

radovantz

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Wharfedale Diamond 9.0 !
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Cheers for the post, take it you are suggesting that if I am going to spend the 50 quid extrathe M-Short Avant 902i's would be teh better choice - only problem is thier size another 6 cms, does not sound much but I am wall mountingthem in a corner out of the way. Will therefore, probably go for the Diamonds. Thanks again.

A

Anonymous

The Diamond 9 is very good for the cash but I daresay that you need to hear the different presentations of the aforementioned so that you can decide which you prefer with your kit.

A

Anonymous

top point but with them stuck up in the corner of the walls as background noise there is little point as I will never get the best out of them - shame I know but there you go that's getting married for you ( she does allow me my golf membership though so it is not all bad).

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
would also go for the diamonds.for ambient music they're better...unless U want to swing and balance knives to the sound of music, then go for the Br1's ,they are more entertaining.

A

Anonymous

The 9.0's are a great speaker, I had some in the bedroom, but the gf didn't like the black colour of them, got mine for sale for 50 notes. I have had them about 7 months.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
paulmardon:top point but with them stuck up in the corner of the walls as background noise there is little point as I will never get the best out of them - shame I know but there you go that's getting married for you ( she does allow me my golf membership though so it is not all bad).

Monitor Audio R90s. Smaller and although used as surround sound speakers, the way you are going to wall mount them, they would be perfect.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts