Inexpensive preamplifier

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I'm after an inexpensive (cheaper the better!) preamp to use with my DAD M100 Pros digital monoblock amps and PMC TB2 speakers. Doesn't need to be flashy - all I'm really after is a volume control (ideally with remote) as I already have a cheap RCA source selector, which would do (although a remote controlled source selector would be good). Wouldn't feature a remote control, but the cheapest option seems to be studio gear / mini mixer, etc.

The other option would be to get a surround sound decoder / preamp (if such a thing exists) that can output a variable signal to several amps, as I have a spare amp and speakers I could use in a 4:1 configuration (I'd need to have a think about the centre!).

Second hand definitely an option; preferred, even. Cheers, D

A

Anonymous

If you don't require the latest Dolby or DTS decoding modes, there are enough second-hand surround processors (preamps) available which should suffice nicely.
The old Dolby Prologic format actually uses a 4.1 setup as standard...

A

Anonymous

Hi, the Creek OBH22 looks perfect, but it seems to be £300! (Unless I'm looking in the wrong places!). For £100, it would be perfect, but I can't justify £300 (in the meantime I'll have to stick with a passive in-line volume control that came spare with my Iriver MP3 player!).

The amps are Flying Mole DAD 100 Pros and have variable input sensitivity.

I'm happy to go s/h. Looking to spend as little as possible!

Ta

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Oops sorry, brainfade, clearly...

There's this one on fleabay at £12.50 - the QED was quite acclaimed in its day...

[/quote]

well spotted Andrew, passive design too well worth £30....BTW Has What sound & Vision ever review music first passive amp? and what was the result? I really would like to hear them!

TRENDING THREADS