Inefficient B&W XT4 amp??

gisgillen

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi, not been here for a while. My B&W XT 4s are great. Think a better amp than my Denon DRA 700AE receiver would improve things. Any suggestions? I will buy second hand (as usual) and if one of your suggestions comes up (here in Finland!) I`ll go for it. They are relatively inefficient (86db into 8ohms) so apparently need power, the Denon is 80 watts RMS per channel. I will not change the speakers and a two channel amp (without radio) is what I`m thinking of.
Many thanks

Hi, not been here for a while. My B&W XT 4s are great. Think a better amp than my Denon DRA 700AE receiver would improve things. Any suggestions? I will buy second hand (as usual) and if one of your suggestions comes up (here in Finland!) I`ll go for it. They are relatively inefficient (86db into 8ohms) so apparently need power, the Denon is 80 watts RMS per channel. I will not change the speakers and a two channel amp (without radio) is what I`m thinking of.
Many thanks
I would shortlist any of the Roksan amplifiers but it rather depends on how much you have to spend as, even second-hand, decent ones are not cheap.

gisgillen

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Many thanks. The Roksan Kandy K2? Sounds good. How about the Cambridge Audio Azur 851A? Just saw one here in Finland at 550 euros.
Forgot to say, I need inputs for phone, headphones and a sub.

TRENDING THREADS