Incredibly detailed, too harsh at time

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
@Nemo

How are you getting on....and how close are you to being happy with the sound?

What areas (if any) are deficient...remember, you can fill the stands, if necessary.

Can you provide a photo of the new layout?

nemo78

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
@Nemo

How are you getting on....and how close are you to being happy with the sound?

What areas (if any) are deficient...remember, you can fill the stands, if necessary.

Can you provide a photo of the new layout?

Hi! Haven't been able to do much listening after the weekend sadly. I've toed them in more, not much more done. I will take a pic and post, thats the best way it seems. I am a lot happier with the sound now than before, but with this setup, I feel I can improve even more...

nemo78

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I had not been able to update this thread. I am using the same setup almost daily.

For some music it sounds amazing; for others, I just dont feel the connection with the music. At this point, I am thinking of buying another amp altogether. I can sell the Krell later, if necessary.

Because of previous (very positive) experience with Naim (old XS) I am leaning towards the new Naim XS2, or the Supernait 2, or even the Rega Elicit R. I will audition these next week. Some have suggested valve amps in this thread, I will see what is available in the market (in Singapore) and see if I can audition those. Will update the thread accordingly. Any more suggestions and ideas are most welcomed.

Have a great day.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Leema Tucana 2? It's all we seem to talk about lately :)

Lots and lots of choice. Get an amp that hasn't got over damped, dry bass. It's what usually sucks the fun out and brings out mids and treble for that lovely, much admired accurate, cold and very high fidelity super high information sound. At least for the first day.

Naim will probably appeal but it may be quite a change especially with regards to perceived sound stage.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts