In the name of HIFI

D

Deleted member 116933

Humm good question....... Get prepared for alot of haters to comment on this. Put simply the general mind set is that though they don't sound bad you can get better for the money..... They're generally very exspensive for off the shelf parts. BUT! BUT! that dosen't mean they dont sound good.

Some will also argue that the subwoofer isn't up to snuff not devleving deep enough, some will also argue its not really a subwoofer at all (If your talking about the acoustimass speakers). But to counter that there are pleanty of big name subs that dont really go any deeper! but again they are cheaper. As a comparison an MA Mass spetup is alot cheaper and arguable better built.

But there is a place for them i think. If you have paper thin walls and or a small room and dont want to upsest anyone to badly the bose system's are pretty fun. They're kind of like mac's everyone love's and hate's them at the same time. Mac's are full of off the shelf parts but work very well! But are very expensive as you pay for the Apple name. So naturally/aguably you can buy a better PC for the same amount of money! But thats a different debate for another time!!!!!

But to answer your question properly its that Bose/Dealers simply don't supply them for review's. Thats basically the short of it.

Hope that makes sense.

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I see this written alot that there are lots of systems cheaper than Bose However the MASS is £600 as is the equivalent Acoustimass 6. Plus the likes of Q Acoustics 7000i are nearly £900...

i8nm3gp

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
aaah! now i see! But i'v heard Bose systems and was really impressed with the sound they deliver- they just need to be paired with the right amps and positioned correctly. Iv heard the bose 301 series 3 with wood grain and the sound was really good albeit limited only for music and live concerts due to the reflecting technology. The accoustimass is not really a sub but just a module that creates low notes through their design. We perceive it to be bass- and they do a really good job at deceiving us with their accoustimass module.

D

Deleted member 116933

i8nm3gp said:
aaah! now i see! But i'v heard Bose systems and was really impressed with the sound they deliver- they just need to be paired with the right amps and positioned correctly. Iv heard the bose 301 series 3 with wood grain and the sound was really good albeit limited only for music and live concerts due to the reflecting technology. The accoustimass is not really a sub but just a module that creates low notes through their design. We perceive it to be bass- and they do a really good job at deceiving us with their accoustimass module.

Ah the 301 series is different kettle of fish. They are pretty good but again the same still aplies to those. But the 301 have been around for years in different guesses. Again the accoustimass module! some say its not a sub but it dose a solid 30hz (mate of mine messured it so only going by him) so not really any different from the vast majority of buget subs out there......

But if you like like the sound who is any one to tell you otherwise! i certainly have had fun with my mates setup and it dosnt sound bad at all to be honest.. Yes it may have been expensive but he like it and thats all that matters.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
millennia_one said:
bdf123 said:
I see this written alot that there are lots of systems cheaper than Bose However the MASS is £600 as is the equivalent Acoustimass 6. Plus the likes of Q Acoustics 7000i are nearly £900...

Yes but! The MA mass has better build and has a much bigger sub and the speakers are bigger over all. No replacement for physics im afarid. BUT! thats alone dosnt make for great sound. Arguement are that cones are made for MA as well, where as Bose source all theres off the shelf. Lets put this way, some say Bose try to make cheap cones sound great..... No problem with that but its inherently flawed way of doing things and its very hit or miss

Aluminium and magnesium alloys vs "revolutionary new space-aged paper". Hmm, which one then? *biggrin*

D

Deleted member 116933

bdf123 said:

Yes but! The MA mass has better build and has a much bigger sub and the speakers are bigger over all. No replacement for physics im afarid. BUT! thats alone dosnt make for great sound. Arguement are that cones are made for MA as well, where as Bose source all theres off the shelf. Lets put this way, some say Bose try to make cheap cones sound great..... No problem with that but its inherently flawed way of doing things and its very hit or miss

EDIT: Have to say sorry for may bad spelling on this i was typing on my phone. but you get the gist. hopfully!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts