In need for a receiver recommendation...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

while I do understand these questions might get asked a bit too often, I couldn't locate [within the search] any answer to my dilemma, so thought about posting a new topic.
emotion-10.gif

Anyway, I am now in a possession of a complete 5.1 speaker package based off the JBL L-Series:

4 x JBL L820 left/right matched front/back speakers

1 x JBL LC2 center speaker

1 x JBL L8400P subwoofer

I an in a real pickle as to which receiver would be most appropriate for these speakers. H/K might be [to some] the obvious choice, but I thought about exploring other options.

Locally [would not buy online] have access to H/K, Marantz, Denon at my trusted dealer. I can get a hold of any Pioneer model as well, and also [as a last resort] Onkyo [the dealer is sketchy].

I have been leaning towards the H/K AVR660 or the Denon AVR-3310.

Any recommendations? I would not be opposed to paying less, of course.

Oh, the display connected to them shall be the Sony KDL-46Z5500.

Thanks!

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I can only vouch for the AVR660 as I am not a Denon stockist but it will match perfectly with the JBL's. All Harman amplifiers have loads of power and you can really hear that in the new range. Lots of grip to the soundtrack without coming over as aggressive.

In operation the amp is very nice, the auto set up needs a bit of work to get the most out of it but as with most things if you spend the time setting them up you will see the benefits.

TRENDING THREADS