In-ear wired phone recommendations

MickMcCarthysTache

May 26, 2021
Visit site
Can anyone recommend any in-ear wired phones that aren't too bright? I'm not a big fan of treble biased sources and prefer warmer mids and good bass. It's a big problem that you can't demo headphones so I'm turning to the experienced people on here!

Budget up to around £350.

I would certainly
Can anyone recommend any in-ear wired phones that aren't too bright? I'm not a big fan of treble biased sources and prefer warmer mids and good bass. It's a big problem that you can't demo headphones so I'm turning to the experienced people on here!

Budget up to around £350.
I would certainly recommend the oBravo Cupid as I use them at the moment and they are quite neutral.
Saving up for a pair of Oriveti OH500 ......

MickMcCarthysTache

May 26, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I don't think EQ would be appropriate as the source is iPhone SE running Qobuz through a Dragonfly Cobalt. I've currently got some Sennheiser Momentums and the Hi-res audio is showing up some very bad sibilance and tiring treble through these phones.

Thanks for the heads up on the oBravo and Oriviti's. I'm seriously thinking of pushing the budget a little and going for the O400s. From the review's they seem like the have the sound I'm looking for

Reactions: Al ears

3mbraced

Oct 29, 2020
Visit site

OR

I own the Unique Melody Mest. I have owned the above and both are superb for the money.

Also check out DUNU - They are a steal :)

EvShrug

Mar 4, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I don't think EQ would be appropriate as the source is iPhone SE running Qobuz through a Dragonfly Cobalt. I've currently got some Sennheiser Momentums and the Hi-res audio is showing up some very bad sibilance and tiring treble through these phones.

Thanks for the heads up on the oBravo and Oriviti's. I'm seriously thinking of pushing the budget a little and going for the O400s. From the review's they seem like the have the sound I'm looking for
Which Momentum’s? I have the Momentum 2 (wireless, got it while it was branded HD-1), and that’s already somewhat of a warmer headphone than a bright one. Might not be that many headphones that are dark enough. Doesn’t Qobuz have a built-in EQ option? I would recommend playing around with reducing the upper mids a bit, like 4 kHz to 8 kHz, seeing what changes you like there (6 dB reduction feels like twice as quiet, but it’s actually 4x less intensity, a 3-4 dB reduction might be enough).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts