In ear - sony MDR ex650 or soundmagic E50s

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
well, went with the knowledge of the salesman. He seemed to genuinely know each of the products. He said he thought the Sony were more bassy, and the treble wasn't harsh. So I went with them.

Been listening to them for half an hour, and I'm seriously impressed. Big bass (but not overpowering), punchy, clarity, sweet treble. They sound better than I was expecting. They are very comfortable. They possibly sound better than my akg y50's. Very happy indeed.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I bought some ex650s and sent them back, I thought they were no better than the free pair I got with my iphone. I am amazed you like them. I bought some sennheisers for half the price that were much better

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
where did you get yours from? Maybe they were fakes. Most off the internet will be. I'm really impressed with these. Immediately in leagues above any in wars I've had before, my previous being Sony MDR ex 300 which were OK. 10 times better than any freebies I've heard. I could tell they were going to be good just from hearing the pings, and blips from scrolling around on the phone to load the music up. Clarity on a totally different level. Maybe you had awesome freebies??!

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
the smaller details are also there. Things I've never heard before, are all over the place. Listening to air- all I need, I can very clearly hear the female singer licking her lips and roughly tell how much mucus she has in her mouth, about half a teaspoon. Never heard this before. Listening to Ben Howard briefly, reverb and echo and so many other tiny things are present that my main system might not be able to pick up. These are quality buds!

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
have to post again just to clarify how good these buds are. I can't understand hammils opinion of these as they for me are outstanding for the £45 I paid. Today listening to Gregory porter - take me to the alley (title track) there is a trumpet that comes in a third of the way through, and I can very clearly hear the players fingers hitting the instrument. This level of detail is outstanding. Add to that the tonality, deep bass, and that makes these headphones superb for the price. And they sound nothing like any freebie I've heard.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts