In-ceiling speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I would like to know if some of you do have an experience with in-ceiling speakers for surround only. I've started creating a system which will be used for 80% music.
Fronts will be B&W CM 8, MA RX6, ... with a sub and dedicated center-speaker. For several practical reasons, I can't put "real" speakers for my surrounds. So, I'm looking for the "second best" option.
Because the ceiling is in concrete, I don't want a huge diameter. I've been looking for KEF Ci130QR and MA CWT160's.
The system will be powered by a marantz, Pioneer or Yamaha-AV.
If someone can give me some ideas how to fix them in the cut-out hole, I would thank you. (Cause all thes speakers seems to be build for lowered ceilings)

Greetz,

A

Anonymous

Hi Pioneer7,

Seems great stuff from B&W, but that's not really what I'm looking for, more a <18cm diameter in-ceiling suitable for concrete ceilings. Just don't know what to choose and every idea is welcome.

TBH, I don't have already my fronts, cause my home is under construction right now and I need to decide what type of speakers, cause I need to cut those holes at this stage of the works.

Greetz,

jolls

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
MK Sound do inwall/ceiling speakers and as far as I'm aware you can buy a pre build kit into which you install and then fit the speakers. HTH.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
You say the ceiling is concrete, what is above it? If you are planning to cut holes in it you could weaken the whole structure. You need to take advice before attempting this.

A

Anonymous

Yes, I know, I need to be verry carefull with the stability and talked with my architect. If I knew other options that could help me out, I would prefere them too.

A

Anonymous

Yup, but I just have a wall on one side, the other is a window... And the back-wall is too far away. I can opt for speakers like the M-1, Radius45 or 90HD, Cabasse, Apex MA, ... but one needs to be placed in front of a window. And stands are not that ideal with kids... That's why I looked for a in-ceiling model. If you want, I'll send you the design of the room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts