improving surrond speakers.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I currently have some jamo A102HCS5 connected to my onyko 606.I have noticed in richer sounds they are selling a pair of Q Acoustics 1010i for £39.95.Would these be much of an improvement on which I have now for £80.And if so should I replace the centre speaker as well.

A

Anonymous

Don't replace anything. Keep the Jamo as they are now.

Either replace the whole set or don't change anything.

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

A

Anonymous

I was planing if worth it replacing the front two and the rear two speakers.Would these be better than the jamo's

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
This is possible but not really recommended. The Q Acoustics are superior speakers to the Jamos, but just replacing the front and rear pairs will obviously leave you with the Jamo center and subwoofer. This will likely result in a system that is tonally mis-matched, with speakers that may have problems integrating with each other.

So I'd also say that, if you want to upgrade your speakers, you're far better off upgrading the whole package (or the 5 speakers, at the very least). I hear the Q Acoustics are very good.

A

Anonymous

I posted a question regarding mixing surround speakers recently. Can you expand on tonal differences please. I have planned Q-AV surrounds with B&W L,R and Centre. Basically my wife prefers the look of the Q-AV's. Is it going to sound terrible???

A

Anonymous

Hi I was planning to replace the centre as well at a later date not to long though.Wasn't planning on changing the sub for a while.Does anyone think this could be a problem,or should I just keep the jamo's.

A

Anonymous

I was thinking of getting these at the weekend if anyone has anymore advice.

TRENDING THREADS