Improving comfort of SR80

stanleyk

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

I have had my SR80 over a year now, occasional use, but becoming more frequent. Love the sound, shame I can't use them at work, where most of my listening done, due to the openess of them. Anyway, was just wondering if anyone had any tips on making them a bit more comfortable? I certainly don't find them as comfy as my older Beyers, and find them crushing my ears a bit, should I bend the headband to loosen the grip? any thoughts?

Thanks

idc

Mine are 9 years old and I am sure with prolonged use they have widened a bit. Two suggestions.

Get a headstand like this http://www.stoneaudio.co.uk/ and use it to put a streach on the headband. Or be creative. I have seen breeze blocks covered in fabric to bottles being used to keep the cans apart.

Get the full sized pads like this http://www.hificables.co.uk/11412/Grado-Spare-Ear-Pads-.html which I use and find more comfortable.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
stanleyk:
Hi all,

I have had my SR80 over a year now, occasional use, but becoming more frequent. Love the sound, shame I can't use them at work, where most of my listening done, due to the openess of them. Anyway, was just wondering if anyone had any tips on making them a bit more comfortable? I certainly don't find them as comfy as my older Beyers, and find them crushing my ears a bit, should I bend the headband to loosen the grip? any thoughts?

Thanks
Get grado's new foam pads which are now used in the new SR60 & 80i models. Much more comfortable than the previous pads I think. They cost around 20-£25 a pair.

A

Anonymous

Sizzers:You can bend the headband, just don't overdo it!

The headband is designed to fit your head, be it a melon or not. They appreciate the sound of their cans is good enough for the product to "fit" its user. If it persists buy some more pads from Grado for about a tenner.

jcoops16

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Changing the pads would change the sound, most people bend the headband alittle and wash the pads in warm soapy water to soften them up. I dont think their ever gonner be as comfortable as your beyers.

A

Anonymous

I admit, I have a particularly large head. I have however purchased and used a great many variety of Grado headphones and I can confirm you will get used to it. Otherwise the sound quality is just worth the pain.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts