Improve AV Amp 2 channel music for nothing.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
BenLaw said:
1. I'm very happy with my av setup and do not want to play around with the settings. I'm not overly fussed about stereo playback through that system as I have a separate setup for that.

2. This is not about making an argument 'without a leg to stand on'. You will be well aware that people can perceive differences when they do not in fact exist. I suspect that may be happening here, which is why I questioned the technical explanation for this supposed phenomenon. You don't have one. Therefore, I prefer my (possibly wrong) understanding of how the volume level will work over your subjective and uninformed opinion.

3. You claimed to have read 'most of my posts' over the last week. That would not be having a life. You also claim to have concluded that I 'play the fool' in most of them. I find this a bizarre conclusion. In reality, you lied about reading my posts and reaching the conclusion you did. This further damages your credibility.

I do not have to prove my credibility to anyone benlaw. you got your own mind you can think what you want. As far as am concern i have proven How this works yet.. you seem not to understand simple infromation. Thats not my fault if you fail to understand. We shall leave it for others to determine.

Yes i did go through your post cause your statements were not asking question nor giving an answer... That I found really weird.

Again I stand my first explaination. Again when you have tried what i said then come back to me.

Prove is in the hearing.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Native_bon said:
BenLaw said:
1. I'm very happy with my av setup and do not want to play around with the settings. I'm not overly fussed about stereo playback through that system as I have a separate setup for that.

2. This is not about making an argument 'without a leg to stand on'. You will be well aware that people can perceive differences when they do not in fact exist. I suspect that may be happening here, which is why I questioned the technical explanation for this supposed phenomenon. You don't have one. Therefore, I prefer my (possibly wrong) understanding of how the volume level will work over your subjective and uninformed opinion.

3. You claimed to have read 'most of my posts' over the last week. That would not be having a life. You also claim to have concluded that I 'play the fool' in most of them. I find this a bizarre conclusion. In reality, you lied about reading my posts and reaching the conclusion you did. This further damages your credibility.

I do not have to prove my credibility to anyone benlaw. you got your own mind you can think what you want. As far as am concern i have proven How this works yet.. you seem not to understand simple infromation. Thats not my fault if you fail to understand. We shall leave it for others to determine.

Yes i did go through your post cause your statements were not asking question nor giving an answer... That I found really weird.

Again I stand my first explaination. Again when you have tried what i said then come back to me.

Prove is in the hearing.

Aye :quest:

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Careful Ben...

twilight-zone.jpg

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I tell you, some of you guys are really strange.

I understand the op's point, rather than just accept the settings on your AV equ when using it in stereo you may have the option to increase the level on the main speakers, a small or large setting difference about 10db on my Yamaha.

Looking at my manual it directs the full range through the main speakers, on the lower setting low frequencies are directed to the sub. So if someone is using the lower setting without realising without a sub in place they are loosing dynamic range.

Recievers are more than a match for any similar priced 2 channel amp its worth reading through the manuals....

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Native_bon said:
Well I will ask the same question again have any of you tried what i said in the first post.

My AV amp doesn't give me the option to change the levels on the front left and right speakers, all the other speakers are adjusted relative to those two channels.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Native_bon said:
Well I will ask the same question again have any of you tried what i said in the first post.

My AV amp doesn't give me the option to change the levels on the front left and right speakers, all the other speakers are adjusted relative to those two channels.

What amp do you have and how old?

Mine is a about 10yrs (component only, pre HDMI) old now and it has settings for LRG, SML and NONE on all channels, each pair switchable . And its a really good stereo amp.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
The_Lhc said:
Native_bon said:

What amp do you have and how old?

Mine is a about 10yrs (component only, pre HDMI) old now and it has settings for LRG, SML and NONE on all channels, each pair switchable . And its a really good stereo amp.

12 year old Sony AV amp, the fronts are already set to Large as I don't have a Sub.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:

I understand the op's point, rather than just accept the settings on your AV equ when using it in stereo you may have the option to increase the level on the main speakers, a small or large setting difference about 10db on my Yamaha.

Looking at my manual it directs the full range through the main speakers, on the lower setting low frequencies are directed to the sub. So if someone is using the lower setting without realising without a sub in place they are loosing dynamic range.

Recievers are more than a match for any similar priced 2 channel amp its worth reading through the manuals....

Well, Thompsonuxb, it seems you just cn't get an easy message throught to some.. they will rather play stupid to deny the fact that Av amps can match 2 channel amps any day. Of course u got room correct software in all AV AMPS these days.

I also come to accecpt the fact that 2 channel amps & music is like a religion to most..!!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Native_bon said:
Well, Thompsonuxb, it seems you just cn't get an easy message throught to some.. they will rather play stupid to deny the fact that Av amps can match 2 channel amps any day.

Errr, I can't see anybody doing that, they're simply telling you that all you're doing is turning the volume up?

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Native_bon said:
Well, Thompsonuxb, it seems you just cn't get an easy message throught to some.. they will rather play stupid to deny the fact that Av amps can match 2 channel amps any day.

Errr, I can't see anybody doing that, they're simply telling you that all you're doing is turning the volume up?

No I am not simply turning the volume up.. Any of you guys have not tried it yet... This is the same problem I had with all the guys at the hifi shops untill they tried it out for themselves... To their surprise it improved the over all sound of the Av amp. I have have explained this in my first post.

Can it be so hard to try it out!! |(

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
AmigaNut said:
Hi,

Think he means go in to the speaker set up ion the av amp and push the volume to 100% wich is plus 10 on my Yam.

The amps default to midway on the standard setup for all speakers connected.

AmigaNut

Amiganut even added an explanation above.. :rant:

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Mate, if you increase the db level you are increasing the volume, there's nothing else it can be. Equalisation is no more than balancing the volume to suit the room, by decreasing the volume on some speakers and increasing on others.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Native_bon said:
The_Lhc said:
Native_bon said:

No I am not simply turning the volume up.. Any of you guys have not tried it yet... This is the same problem I had with all the guys at the hifi shops untill they tried it out for themselves... To their surprise it improved the over all sound of the Av amp. I have have explained this in my first post.

... and you only tried to help. Dont let it get to you pet.

regards

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Native_bon said:
The_Lhc said:
Native_bon said:

Yes it can be that hard, when, as I've already explained, your amp doesn't give you the option of changing the level on the front left and right speakers!

Rick1979

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Native_bon said:
Thompsonuxb said:

Well, Thompsonuxb, it seems you just cn't get an easy message throught to some.. they will rather play stupid to deny the fact that Av amps can match 2 channel amps any day. Of course u got room correct software in all AV AMPS these days.

I also come to accecpt the fact that 2 channel amps & music is like a religion to most..!!

Having owned a pretty decent yam rx-v1900 and played around with all the settings, Which Although was passable in stereo both arcam alpha 10 and nad c370 can honestly say the 2 channel amps destroy the yam for music and that's why I went back to stereo.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Native_bon said:
The_Lhc said:
Native_bon said:

Yes it can be that hard, when, as I've already explained, your amp doesn't give you the option of changing the level on the front left and right speakers!

So you saying Av amps do not have level controls in setup menu for left & right speakers.. Oh well :rofl:

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Native_bon said:
The_Lhc said:

So you saying Av amps do not have level controls in setup menu for left & right speakers.. Oh well :rofl:

I'm saying MY AV amp doesn't have level controls for the front left and right speakers, yes. I don't really see why that's so difficult to understand (or funny). You can increase or decrease the levels on the centre and the surrounds, relative to the fronts. If you want the front left and right at different levels to each other then there's a balance control but there's no option to whack the fronts up by 10dB or whatever by themselves.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Native_bon said:
The_Lhc said:

I'm saying MY AV amp doesn't have level controls for the front left and right speakers, yes. I don't really see why that's so difficult to understand (or funny). You can increase or decrease the levels on the centre and the surrounds, relative to the fronts. If you want the front left and right at different levels to each other then there's a balance control but there's no option to whack the fronts up by 10dB or whatever by themselves.

Oh I get it now your just trying to lead me on.. What AV amps have you use?.. I have used Yamaha & marantz Av amps & the all have level control for left & right channels In the setup menu.

I will give you some advice. Go & do more research.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Native_bon said:
The_Lhc said:
Native_bon said:
The_Lhc said:

Oh I get it now your just trying to lead me on.. What AV amps have you use?.. I have used Yamaha & marantz Av amps & the all have level control for left & right channels In the setup menu.

What the **** are you on about? I'm ONLY talking about MY AV amp! I'm explaining why your idea won't work on MY amp, I haven't mentioned any other amps. I understand english isn't your first language but surely this isn't that hard to comprehend?

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Native_bon said:
The_Lhc said:
Native_bon said:
The_Lhc said:

Can you turn the volume down as well as up?

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
moon said:
Native_bon said:
The_Lhc said:
Native_bon said:
The_Lhc said:

Can you turn the volume down as well as up?

Can you jump up as well as down?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts