Importing library to spotify

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi all,

Ages ago I imported my itunes library into spotify. I recently bought a couple of new CDs, ripped them into itunes and now want to import them to spotify.
I seem to remember going to the 'local files' tab and then clicking a 'import library' link which allowed you to pick and choose which files to add. Unfortunately when I go to the 'local files' tab there is no link to import files.
Maybe there's been a firmware upgrade and it's moved somewhere else but I can't find it anywhere.
Can anyone help?

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi Yaya2,
I had a look and under the local files section there is a list of where my local files are being taken from (e.g. itunes, windows media player, downloads etc). These are all ticked but it's not pulling through the recently ripped CDs - do I need to refresh my local files list somehow?
I even tried adding the file that the ripped tracks are stored in to the list but that doesnt seem to have helped (or be very practical in the long run)

A

Anonymous

Hi, I don't add my itunes folder to Spotify but have added another folder and have generally found that Spotify updates itself pretty quickly.

What format are the CD's that you recently ripped in? Are they the same as what you have been previously ripping in?

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Yeah they're in the same format (either MP3 or ALAC). My other ALAC files play through spotify so I don't think it's a compatibility issue, more an issue of the local files list no updating.

A

Anonymous

Yes mine also plays ALAC and mp3 fine, unfortunately I have not personally encountered this problem. If your Spotify is up to date with the latest version (0.5.1) then all I can suggest is that you try unticking the box and then re-import your library which will hopefully solve the problem. Perhaps it is just a temporary glitch. Sorry I cannot help you any further, hopefully someone who has experienced the problem themselves will be able to offer guidance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts