iMAC to NAD C320BEE amp / M/A BX1 speakers - Which DAC?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Now that I've got my NAD C320BEE connected to my iMAC (just by a 3.5mm to phoni cable currently) along with some M/A BX1 speakers I want to get a DAC to help improve the sound quality

I DO NOT want to fork out a fortune so around £50-£100 MAX ideally but which DAC and also how do I connect it up?

I've got spare USB sockets on the iMAC and obviously yhe headphone out socket but that's it; no digital/coaxial etc...

Please advise :?

albireo

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I think you should look into the HRT Music Streamer II. Slightly over budget but you will not be disappointed. After buying one I found it so good that I sold my Marantz CD6000OSE and now use exclusively my netbook + HRT to play my digital music.

either0r

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
Which iMac do you have? The later ones (2004 onwards) had the 3.5mm combo jack, which also outputs an optical digital signal. With this you can connect an optical cable to your dac, and from the dac connect with standard phono cables to your NAD.

I used this DAC with the same amp and got VERY good results: Musical Fidelity V-DAC

http://www.hificables.co.uk/11839/Musical-Fidelity-V-DAC.html?gclid=CO-m2NWD2q0CFQUOfAoddWbzlg

Its over your budget by 50 quid, but definetly worth it IMHO.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts