I'm about to buy Fiio K9 pro ESS anything else to consider?

Surely you did some research before you selected the Fiio?
As @Friesiansam suggests there are alternatives in this price bracket but whether or not you can actually get to audition them in your part of the world is a different matter, this makes suggestions difficult.
Perhaps the Topping DX7 Pro?
The problem with a lot of this foreign exotica is you cannot find anywhere to audition before you buy.

doifeellucky

I have the Edition XS and have used them with the Mojo 2, Zen DAC V2, and the Apple dongle. Other than the dongle’s lack of power, I don’t listen at high volumes, I struggle to notice a difference in sound quality between the three. I can hear to 18k, so my hearing is fine. Tested with Apple Music, Tidal and local hires samples. I use the Mojo 2 and Zen in different locations, but based on what I now know given the choice I’d have bought another Zen. I really don’t understand the Mojo 2 hype. For some the K9 is ‘end game’ for others not at all worth the price.

On a side note my XS right channel has the reported right channel buzz at certain frequencies, so I’ll be returning mine.

Reactions: Al ears
I have the Edition XS and have used them with the Mojo 2, Zen DAC V2, and the Apple dongle. Other than the dongle’s lack of power, I don’t listen at high volumes, I struggle to notice a difference in sound quality between the three. I can hear to 18k, so my hearing is fine. Tested with Apple Music, Tidal and local hires samples. I use the Mojo 2 and Zen in different locations, but based on what I now know given the choice I’d have bought another Zen. I really don’t understand the Mojo 2 hype. For some the K9 is ‘end game’ for others not at all worth the price.

On a side note my XS right channel has the reported right channel buzz at certain frequencies, so I’ll be returning mine.
True the Zen DAC is not to be taken lightly.
Did you manage to audition these prior to buying or just bought on the off chance and sold on if they didn't suit?

TRENDING THREADS