Ikea Expedit as racking for a turntable?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have seen a lot of people using the Ikea Expedit for record storage (me included) but is it any good sonically as racking for a turntable?

I have a Rega Planner 3 and at the moment I have got the 2x2 Expedit fully loaded with records and the Rega sitting on top with one of those granite work top savers in between the Rega and the Expedit. I am unable to use a separate proper racking solution or wall mounted racking due to space. So far I’m really pleased with sound.

Has anyone got any thoughts on the subject?

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
surely, if you like the sound, other opinions don't really matter. I also use expedit to house my hifi and don't think it has changed the sound from when it was all housed in a very heavy glass rack I bought from a dealer. If your TT is stable and doesn't pick up vibration from the speakers etc. then, what's not to like!

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
If it sounds good to you then it works[for you], so that is good.

The best support I have had for a cd/dvd player is[was] a plastic triangular sandwich top table with hollow plastic legs from Ikea. Was ridiculously inexpensive and had been purchased as a garden table. I found its sonic abilities quite by accident and have been glad I did. Not very integrated look though. :O

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I use the expedit to an untill 2 weeks ago it was fine....

When I changed my TT I noticed that it was not 'waterpass' anymore provably because of the excesive wight of my AMS 35i.

Su no I'm going to mound my TT to the wall.

But except that it is fine. So if you're geare is not as heavy as mine to me it's one of the best solutions I know.

averything is on a cofortable hight.

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I used my old Luxman on one, was fine :)

8103473435_9b64c1abb1_b.jpg

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Roby said:

When I changed my TT I noticed that it was not 'waterpass' anymore provably because of the excesive wight of my AMS 35i.

But except that it is fine. So if you're geare is not as heavy as mine to me it's one of the best solutions I know.

Unwin-sm.jpg

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Roby said:

Unwin-sm.jpg

Excellent. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :clap:

A

Anonymous

I have used this with my trusty old revolver for years-I have however added a Cyrus Isoplat, which I was blessed enough to get on freecycle! Have now changed my TT to a Genie 1.3 & sounds even better! Like the rest, if its sounds god to u don't try n fix it!

A

Anonymous

I have played my old revolver on this for a few years now-I did however add a Cyrus Isoplat which I was lucky enough to get offa freecycle! Yep-FREE! Now changed my TT to a Genie 1.3 & still sounds even better! Enjoy!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts