Ignorant newbie needing help spending money

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Evening all. first post on here and in need of advice please.

Trying to research what I need to buy for my father to replace a noiw defunct Beocenter 9000.

The situation is he has the turntable Beogram 9000 (hard wired male 7 pin DIN lead) and four B&O speakers - 2 x RL35 and 2 x MC35, all 35W RMS and 8 Ohm.

What he would like is something cheap to replace the Beocenter that can drive the speakers and receive output from the turntable along with radio and Cd functionality. Cassette would be a bonus but not really essential.

Budget is limited and audio quality is not critcal (he's nearly 80 and somewhat deaf!).

So, is there a single box that will do this? I have stumbled across the Denon DM38DAB that would appear to do the trick and is there or there abouts money wise but I am unsure about the speaker handling capacity as it only quotes 2 x channels?

All help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
You could look at something like the Marantz CR502 which will take 2 pairs of speakers. It also plays CDs and has FM TUNER. when you say 4 speakers you'll have to check it works how you want it to.
You might struggle to find a budget all in one that will take a turntable, however you could get something called a "phono preamp" this will enable you to put the turntable through this type of system.
As the equipment you have is quite old and sounds like it's from a one make system, you ought to check it has same connections. I'd visit a retailer or at the very least do quite a bit of googling to a) give you what you're after, and b) will connect to your existing equipment.

A

Anonymous

Have you checked with a B&O dealer to see if you can have the BeoCenter repaired? It's a wonderful piece of kit.

You can get a DIN/RCA adapter whilch means you can use the BeoGram with any modern amplifier, providing it has a phono input.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Guys, I'll investigate the 502.

Unfortunately the Beocenter has gone - the dealer wanted a lot of money to repair it ad the old man baulked. Unfortunately he didn't bring it home so I could recoup some cash for him selling it on ebay :(.

Any more ideas for a budget solution?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts