Ifi micro DAC idsd

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
...not the black label one.

Does anyone use one of these. One has come up local and I'm considering a purchase. My main use would be as a preamp but I would use the headphone amp and standalone DAC also. I know I can try before I buy, but I don't always think a short listen is of major value.

Thanks

muljao said:

Does anyone use one of these. One has come up local and I'm considering a purchase. My main use would be as a preamp but I would use the headphone amp and standalone DAC also. I know I can try before I buy, but I don't always think a short listen is of major value.

Thanks

Not got one but was considering it. Very highly rated in reviews I believe.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Al ears said:
muljao said:

Thanks

Not got one but was considering it. Very highly rated in reviews I believe.
I should have this by end of the week. I'll let you know my opinion if you are interested but I don't really think I have hifi ears (I'm easily pleased)

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Just to update- by a stroke of luck the guy selling this lived in the same town as me. So I picked it up this evening-initial impressions are very good-I have played song after song (in preamp mode plugged to a set of actives) from Nora Jones to Primal scream to Faithless and of course Mr. Cohen. Every type of music sounds great (to me) with no harshness or anything over powering. I'm not very audiophile but this thing makes me want to play more music.

I tried out headphones briefly but there are a lot of buttons and tweaks so at leat for now I prefer the straight forward dragonfly red

TRENDING THREADS