If you won the National Lottery or Euromillions?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
What do you mean...."if"???
emotion-5.gif

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
That explains all this high end purchasing that you do Thaiman.

Does buying a house with a proper listening room count as a Hi-Fi purchase? Shh -don't tell the wife.

A

Anonymous

I don't know what table I'd buy... Harbeth Monitor 40's, $12500CAD.. and I guess I'd have to pair a Naim CD player and tuner to as much McIntosh as would be necessary to power the speakers. No Idea what that would all cost, less than a Million buckazoids I'd think.

A

Anonymous

If I won the Euromillions, first I would grab a spare pair of boxers...

However, I would NOT buy a hi-fi straight away...first I would do a round-the-world cruise on the Queen Victoria, then I would buy a massive house in the country with a massive underground basement and I would have the following in there: A McIntosh pre amplifier, two monoblock power amplifiers, that Chord Reference CD player (dunno what is it called). Some rediculous turntable that looks like it came out of doctor who. Then for speakers...I heard the ones I wanted at the Hi-Fi show in Bristol...they were triangle shaped at the top, found a video of them...dunno what they are called. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8za_JPfC84k

Then I would grab another pair of boxers...

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="ganeshkualalumpur"]If you won the National Lottery or Euromillions, say 20 million pounds, how much would you spend on your hifi? And what would you buy?[/quote]

EASY! I'd open a high end Hifi shop! Being a millionaire, it wouldn't be vital to make a huge profit. It would give me the opportunity to tryout all sorts of wonderful gear and attend trade shows.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="fr0g"]

I would sponser a HUGE scientific experiment to test the validity of various interconnects.

Reading last months What-Hifi and seeing the £1000/m Audioquest interconnect...and the ludicrous comments 'Lots of detail and a great deal of dynamic finesse' - I find this sort of product downright sickening. I would (kevin keegan style) LOVE IT if someone could prove them to be

(deleted by mods - you cannot make this kind of accusation without any evidence whatsoever)

(And if I am wrong I eat my woolly hat)

[/quote]

Here we go again ...
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Delete that. Done, as requested - mods

Oh and they mde my HiFi sound like an angelic choir too.

A

Anonymous

If I won a cool 50 Mill, I'd buy a shop load.

In fact, I'd open a shop that could cater for every level of Audiophile.

From Mr Budget to Mr Fat Pockets.

& then there's Mr "Don't Know Anything" to Mr "Knows everything and then some" & don't forget Mr "Thinks he knows but ain't gotta clue."

The shop would have at least 10 demo rooms with remote control Walls, Yes Walls, to get room sizes right.

& have the facility to have numerous components set up for comparison in demo easily.

If I say I stock something it WILL be in stock, won't sell my demo equipment "oh sorry I've just sold the demo" - NO!

My Staff would be trained to give an honest OPINION, but at the same time still recommend a demo.

No more lazy replies "Oh you gotta listen to it" & then not be accommodating during the demo.

Have home demo service too.

But because I'm so filthy rich I would be very competitive on price, probably gain some enemies as under selling everyone. Eventually putting others out of business and eventually be the only chain in the UK.

Once all set up and running smoothly, customers happy, reputation built.

I'd start my round trip of the World for the rest of my life.

Opening stores in the worlds major cities.

Spreading the Love of Music all over the World.

Taking over the world, it will be mine, mine I tell you MMIIINNNEEEE, HA HA HA HA HA !

Right, logging onto buy my Lottery Ticket !

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
I've gone for pure aesthetics, could always get them overhauled!

Metronome Kalista transport and C2A Signature valve DAC,

Delphonica Valhalla amp - would need some serious internal jiggery pokery though!

Tannoy Dimension TD12,

reckon I'd be happy with that lot - of course, needless to say - instead of upgrading the components I'd simply get the workings upgraded!

A

Anonymous

Wow is it so hard for people to just say something like ''I don't believe extremely expensive interconnects are worth the money'' instead of throwing accusations around like children? You wanna scream and shout I suggest you go somewhere that people care for that kind of behaviour.

Anyway, I am becoming quite obsessed with the monitor audio platinum range, so I'd probably immediately buy up a 7.1 system using them. I'm not sure what amplification I'd use, probably something Krell.

plus a really, really, really big telly. The kind you could take 10 of and use to construct a 2 story house.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Mr_Poletski"]Wow is it so hard for people to just say something like ''I don't believe extremely expensive interconnects are worth the money'' instead of throwing accusations around like children? You wanna scream and shout I suggest you go somewhere that people care for that kind of behaviour.[/quote]

Calm down dear. Now explain, calmly and rationally, where you saw this behaviour. Which forum was it on?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts