If you won the Lotto, what system would you buy? audio only/ not cinema

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
We all want to win it, so what if one of us actually won it? this is the system I would have:

Wadia 781i cd player
Wadia 771 transport
Krell - 400 xi intergrated amplifier
B & W Nautilus speakers

All connected up with:

Russ Andrews/ Kimber Kable

Now where are those damn winning numbers....??

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Naim HDX, pre-power setup, Martin Logan.

While waiting for Primare's HD solution, obviously.

Shouldn't this be in a 'If you got rid of the Cleaner, what would you buy ?' ..... thread ?

John Duncan

andyb190:
JohnDuncan:Naim HDX, pre-power setup, Martin Logan.

While waiting for Primare's HD solution, obviously.

Shouldn't this be in a 'If you got rid of the Cleaner, what would you buy ?' ..... thread ?

Financially equivalent, pretty much.....

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
For vinyl...

Rega P9/RB-1000/PSU/Ortofon 2M Black

The new Rega Elicit integrated amp with MM input card. (If it proves to be as good as it should be for £1500)

Harbeth Monitor 30 Domestic or black lacquered Rega R5's depending on the room.

CD? Anything competent will do. I would probably just get a couple of Meridan F80s for the kitchen and the study and use them for CDs.

Yamaha CT-7000 FM tuner.

A

Anonymous

Marantz SA-7S1, Marantz SC-7, two Marantz MA-9s2's, and a Marantz TT-15S1 for vinyl. As for speakers, tough call, but I think the Mordaunt Short Performance 6's would suit me just fine.

A

Anonymous

Probably a Plinius system (based on looks and reviews) with maybe the MA PL300 or the ProAc D28. Hard to say as never heard them together (or seperately for that matter) but I know I'd use Gotham Interconnects
emotion-5.gif

goodmar

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
MBL Reference Line system - as demo'd at the Audio and Av Show at the Park Inn hotel last weekend - stunning - but you would expect that for nigh on £100k of kit. Add to that the costs to extend your home to put it in! Anybody else go at the weekend?

A

Anonymous

Krell FB1, a really nice £10k turntable & Martin Logan speakers.

A

Anonymous

Nah, you want this beast: I got this when I was only seven years old!

jvc-mxj850r.jpg

A

Anonymous

I really liked the Linn LP12 (plus Lingo etc), CD12, Klimax control, Klimax chakra 500 solo's (times about 8) and Komri speakers when i heard them, but there is probably better out there that i need to discover.

A

Anonymous

As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a monstrous insect

Is that kafka??

A

Anonymous

garethwd:As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a monstrous insectIs that kafka??

Very first line of Metamorphasis.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts