If you hear nothing else at Bristol, hear these

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
I was really keen to have a proper listen to the Spendor A9s but both times I went there the music choice was awful. Shame really. Next time I must remember to take a couple of CDs along.

The Wilson Benesch room was sublime, even if the speakers do look funny. The setup was bigger than my living room though so no fear of my lust getting the better of me!

I thought the new Leema Stream/Pulse combo was pretty cool, for entry level. If the DAC in the Pulse 3 is any good could be a real alternative to the Cyrus 8XPd.

John Duncan

JoelSim:JohnDuncan:Big Chris:
JohnDuncan:1) Arcam. No really.

And what the hell is that supposed to mean?My views on Arcam's recent work have been well documenzzzzzzzzzzBut the AVR500/Muso setup was so good I went back to listen to it again just for pleasure...

Welcome to the dark side

I know. The Clifton suspension bridge looked very tempting afterwards.

A

Anonymous

I agree with most of the above. Two of the best rooms were the Arcam AV room ( someone played a DVD of Michael Buble or whatever he's called, and I was impressed, amazingly), and the Spendor A9 room, which just sounded good whatever they played (well maybe not the Black Eyed peas). Certainly the speaker I would want to take away from the show, against some quite expensive competition.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts