If OLED has reached its peak, what’s the future of TV?

Dec 25, 2019
Visit site
As a savant in the scienentific arts of Photonics, OLED is for the motion picture purists. While MicroLED technology is perfect for gamers. Display panels should recreate the most lifelike reproduction possible. Gamers need super low input lag that cannot be afforded to OLED without more logic board power and efficiency. The new line on OLED in development at LG promises one of the most true to life production yet. Still one of affordability is in question. Those who can't afford the knife's edge of technology are few. And these sets produced today are doing pretty good for the common man. Especially when LCD can crank out super large panels for cheap. Cinema DSP is equivalent to a basic LCD LED backlit TV

CountMackula

Dec 25, 2019
Visit site
Let me start by saying my 65 LG OLED C8 is amazing and I've not seen anything close in the stores that isn't OLED. The color and resolution is as good as it needs to be and any of the "problems" people claim about brightness is bogus, because when you watch HDR on Netflix and Amazon the subtitles will burn your retinas out and blind you if you don't change the default color to gray so I'm tired of hearing about brightness levels on OLED (and my settings aren't even close to 100). These displays look amazing and I've never had burn in issues, so squash the fear mongering.

What's the next step? Motion handling. A race to 1000 hz. All you gotta do is google search blurbusters and you can find our what out real issue is. No screen and content is available that isn't cringe-worthy for me when fast panning occurs. I won't be upset at 8K content but 4K OLED TV looks good enough at this point. We need 1000hz refresh rates and 0 ms input lag and video content without motion blur. Any other conversation about display quality I'm not interested in .

D

Deleted member 2457

Qled is getting better and better from what I have seen Oled is getting worse.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts