If I were to replace my Quad Lite speakers with...............

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
.........the Q Acoustics 2000 set up, would it be an improvement?

Bearing in mind that the Quad set retailed at twice the price!

I have already replaced the centre speaker with an old Mission one that I had from a previous set up because the Quad centre was not clear enough with dialogue.

I keep reading good things about the Q Acoustics set up, so does anyone have any thoughts??

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Simple answer - IMHO - no, but there's no harm in auditioning the Q Acoustics. I'd be amazed if they were better and not surprised if they were a backward step.

I 'd be interested to know about your amplification, as I thought that my Quad L-ite centre was very clear indeed. I have upgraded it to a Quad L2 centre, but that hasn't been such a vast improvement.

What I have done - along with many others - is to upgrade the front two speakers for superior models in the Quad range. I have a pair of 12L2s, but the 11L2s would also represent a significant and worthwhile improvement. If the 'new' price is a bit steep, there are clearance and sale deals to be had if you look around, not to mention using everyone's favourite auction site!

A

Anonymous

I have a Yamaha DSP-AX750SE, which works fine with the Mission as centre, but the Quad Lite centre seems muffled by comparison.

I wouldn't expect the Q Acoustics to be an improvement either, but you never know!!

A

Anonymous

I think I might upgrade my amp instead. Maybe the Denon AVR1910 would do the trick.

Gary233932

Jun 15, 2007
Visit site
Your Quad L-ite centre should be really quite clear, if your mission centre is clear you may have a faulty centre speaker, I like other upgraded the fronts to L2's, I did this of the strength of the L-ites, but before doing that I upgraded my amp from a Onkyo 606 to a Onkyo 875 this really made a difference.

TRENDING THREADS