If I bought a 4k Blu-Ray player on Amazon Germany will it play okay here in England? Thanks

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Most eastern countries are fine - western is 110 volt. As long as the voltage is the same (should be able to Google different countries - ours is 220 volt) it’s fine. Some products may be dual voltage.
Thanks David I will order one to play all my SACDs on.

abacus

Voltage is fine as it was standardised across mainland Europe ages ago.
You will need to change the mains plug as they are different in Germany. (If the lead plugs into the player you can change it for an English lead)
Specifications do vary between countries so check on the German website that it has all you want. (In particular make sure it can be changed to the English language (Most can)

Bill

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

Voltage is fine as it was standardised across mainland Europe ages ago.
You will need to change the mains plug as they are different in Germany. (If the lead plugs into the player you can change it for an English lead)
Specifications do vary between countries so check on the German website that it has all you want. (In particular make sure it can be changed to the English language (Most can)

Bill
Thanks Bill just cancelled that then.

abacus

You bought it just as I posted, however there may be a problem if the plug is built into the power brick (It has an external power supply) as it wont fit a UK socket, and will thus require an adaptor

Bill

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

You bought it just as I posted, however there may be a problem if the plug is built into the power brick (It has an external power supply) as it wont fit a UK socket, and will thus require an adaptor

Bill
Thanks Bill cancelled it. Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

There’s simple adaptors you can use to plug into mains, or just replace the mains cable as it’s only a figure of 8 mains socket on the power supply.

But why not just order one from the U.K.? It might be a tad more even in the sales, but at least it’s easier for you to send it back when you decide it’s not needed!
Yep, I will just wait until the price comes down now. Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts