iEast Soundstream with itunes doing my heed in!

robdmarsh

Don't know if anyone else has the iEast soundstream wireless receiver but I got this as a cheap option to try and locally stream my itunes library from my pc to my hifi and control it on my android phone, thus avoiding having to spend hundreds on Sonos connect or other expensive solution.

So far this is where I'm at: I've got the iEast soundstream connected to my hifi and my home router and I've downloaded the app. In itunes I can see the soundstream by clicking the airplay icon and I can even stream to it from my pc. On the app on my phone, however, I can see nothing in "my music", no folders, no itunes, zilch. There is a menu which shows me a list of (pretty comprehensive) streaming services but nothing showing me how to find locally stored music. When I play a track from itunes on the pc, it will even show up what's playing on the app on my phone. I can pause and play the track from the phone but there is quite a delay. But... the thing I really want to do is find and control my music from the phone.

Can anyone help or suggest a solution if you're not familiar with the product? (This is probably the case as I found it on Amazon being one of the better reviewed devices doing the job of wireless receiver.) The packaging, fit and finish of the device are promising so I hope something can be sorted out before I have to click return.

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
robdmarsh said:
Don't know if anyone else has the iEast soundstream wireless receiver but I got this as a cheap option to try and locally stream my itunes library from my pc to my hifi and control it on my android phone, thus avoiding having to spend hundreds on Sonos connect or other expensive solution.

So far this is where I'm at: I've got the iEast soundstream connected to my hifi and my home router and I've downloaded the app. In itunes I can see the soundstream by clicking the airplay icon and I can even stream to it from my pc. On the app on my phone, however, I can see nothing in "my music", no folders, no itunes, zilch. There is a menu which shows me a list of (pretty comprehensive) streaming services but nothing showing me how to find locally stored music. When I play a track from itunes on the pc, it will even show up what's playing on the app on my phone. I can pause and play the track from the phone but there is quite a delay. But... the thing I really want to do is find and control my music from the phone.

Can anyone help or suggest a solution if you're not familiar with the product? (This is probably the case as I found it on Amazon being one of the better reviewed devices doing the job of wireless receiver.) The packaging, fit and finish of the device are promising so I hope something can be sorted out before I have to click return.

try downloading an app called retune, it appears to work the same as remote, which you could use if you had an Apple device. Hope this helps

robdmarsh

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I don't have an iPhone but I will check out that app. I see there are iTunes apps for android (not official Apple products of course) but may be worth a shot. Can I ask do you have one of these wireless receivers or something similar?

robdmarsh

Hello again James. Retune is installed and works great! Thanks very much. Now I just need a gizmo which can double up the optical input on my amp to improve sound quality (if such a thing exists). Anyway, thanks once again

Rob

robdmarsh

Sound quality is quite a lot better through optical out so that's why I'm looking for a splitter as I'm running my TV into my amp which is only has one optical in. If it works it's a total bargain *preved*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts