Ideal NAS for home use

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Came across this bargin on dabs - a 4bay ReadyNas for £150

Its fast, has gigabit ethernet, expandable raid (start with 1 disk, and increase to raid 5 automatically as you add more), 3 year warranty.

http://www.dabs.com/products/netgear-readynas-nv--v2--4-bay----no-drives-included-7SLK.html

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Decided that the 4 bay nas is overkill for my needs so have ordered a 2 bay Netgear Duo and a couple of WD 1T drives,should arrive next week so keep a look out for a post asking how to get the damn thing set up correctly !

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I've got a Netgear Duo with 2 x 2tb drives; it was simple to set up but I'll watch out for your post. By the way, do you know how much RAM is in the unit?

Curently listening to: Rush - Moving Pictures

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Gusboll said:
I've got a Netgear Duo with 2 x 2tb drives; it was simple to set up but I'll watch out for your post. By the way, do you know how much RAM is in the unit?

Curently listening to: Rush - Moving Pictures

The Netgear Duo V2 has 256Mb RAM. I`ve got it set up and all my music copied over and so far it`s working well,got Jriver on the laptop pointed at it and all seems OK.

Although the main use will be for music storage and playback for interest I ripped a Blu-Ray to the NAS and the TV found the NAS and streamed the video but there was no sound,any idea why ?

TRENDING THREADS