IC question ~

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I have the 6mm Studio Blue. You'll be impressed, once you listen to them. They will add warmth to the sound. The two thin wires are filled with a cotton-type material, that you can snip back, no problem. I use 6mm banana plugs with mine. I'll have a look about for some for you. I'll let you know if I find any.

Enjoy the cables, you've made a good buy there, fella!

EDIT: Found some plugs for ya, that take 6mm:

6MM Banana Pugs

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Bretty:

The online shop doesn't ship to my country. Anyway, tomorrow am going to a shop here locally along with those 6mm to see if they fit any plugs. But, are your folks ok with those anacondas on the floor; it's actually scary to look at them!?!?!

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
My folks are dead, so I think they're cool with the anacondas. I'll dust off the ouija board later and ask them. I like the chunky look of 'em, myself. Show those chunky snakes with pride, young man!

Where the hell do you live, that no-one delivers to you?!! If Amazon do deliver to you, then the ones that 'TommySkins' put a link to are the same as the ones I found. Could be problem solved.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Just started playing my setup with the Van Damme 6mm after connecting the plugs.

Smooooth, smooooth... when compared to my SA XT, good job Van Damme followers for recommending me this lovely cables. The harshness or top end brittleness is just gone, amazing. My Merlin Mozart is also running in, its just 1 week old! So, all in all they all gelled well.

To the VD followers >> Does the VD Blue need burning in or warming period; if so, how many hours?

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I'm glad you're happy with them.

From what I remember with mine, the bass will get a little stronger over the next 50 or so hours play.

idc

vinod_david:.......To the VD followers >> Does the VD Blue need burning in or warming period; if so, how many hours?

No and no. Delighted to hear you have VD too.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
The silence to my previous query means one thing, Merlin for the keeps. Ok, after some hours of burn-in, the Blue's are just super smooth and I just love the bass now, more tight, kind of punchy. Most of all, how nice the VD Blue kicked the harshness out, great job!

I can't stop singing praise for these cables. For folks having brighter setup, please give the VD Blue a try or the ones Rick is talking about.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
idc:
vinod_david:.......To the VD followers >> Does the VD Blue need burning in or warming period; if so, how many hours?

No and no. Delighted to hear you have VD too.

The studio blue XLRs I have went a bit too bass heavy at some point (Cant remember now, but maybe after a week or 2), then the bass settled down to a natural level

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Some feedback...

Never thought RS6 can produce a bass that's so tight and hard hitting - these VD Blue's are creating one hell of a magic in my system. Folks here who have RS6 can try the VD and prove me wrong, superb!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
vinod_david:Some feedback...

Never thought RS6 can produce a bass that's so tight and hard hitting - these VD Blue's are creating one hell of a magic in my system. Folks here who have RS6 can try the VD and prove me wrong, superb!

I've always had super tight bass from my RS6s. I use the Odyssey 4 - White cables and although quite thick, they might be slimmer than the Anacondas! :)

TRENDING THREADS