IC question ~

idc

x2 on Van Damme. If you search ebay under Van Damme cable you will see 0.5m of IC with Neutrik Rean phonos for £11.50. Both Van Damme and Neutrik are well regarded bu DIY audiophiles and tend to be used in studio applications, where they cannot charge the silly prices other makers do. A big advantage of Van Damme cable is that it is very flexible, which helps with short runs.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
vinod_david:Am from different planet actually and bay.uk doesn't ship to my planet. Any other site from where I can buy Van Damme cables. TIA.

So where are you?

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Another vote for Van Damme.

If availability is an issue then look at similar cable from Proel, Cadence, Belden, Canford, etc. Remember, this is the same stuff used by the very people bringing you the music in the first place. Whether in the studio or live on stage.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
vinod_david:Thanks all. Ok, If I want to buy the VD Blue speaker cables, should I opt for 2.5mm, 4mm, or 6mm for 2 M length - what are their advantage ? TIA

The thicker cable the longer the run.

2.5mm should do for most applications, personally I use 4mm

At 2m length, 2.5mm would be absolutely fine

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
vinod_david:Ok. What will happen if I use 6 mm for a 2M run, any degrade in SQ?

TIA

There wouldnt be any difference in sound quality between any of them. So again, the 2.5mm would be fine

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Since I didn't find anybody shipping to my planet, the cheap VD IC, went ahead and ordered the Merlin Mozart from Futureshop, and VD Studio Blue, 6mm, 2m, from amazon.uk (wish they deal with the cheap VD IC).

I bought the VD Blue based on recommendations here only and hope they bring warmth to my setup.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Whilst ive never dealt with a merlin interconnect personally, Ive found in general they tend to make things a touch brighter than ideal. So im thinking that probably wasnt a good idea

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
I've waited so long to change my Qunex 2 IC to a warm IC, so thought Mozart, am doomed now after your comment, guess have to sell it once it reaches my planet...but they won great awards...damn

Now, what banana plugs to use for the 6mm cables, will the plugs that I used for my SA XT cables fit the 6mm?

TIA

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Unless your running VERY long cables (very unlikely), you really dont need 6mm

If you feel you still want 6mm, then van damme have their own 6mm banana plugs

Id also recommend the UP-LCOFC van damme speaker cables over the studio blue ones

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Shame

I would have pointed out you can currently buy the 4mm at £3.19 a meter (Which for Linear Crystal copper is an absolute bargain)

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Today, I received my Van Damme 6mm cables. Damn, they're huge and heavy, looks more like petrol tubes in a gas station! - but amazingly flexible. The coppers are very thick and am scratching my head just by looking at these anacondas!

What sound I can expect and how they gel with the Mozart IC remains to be seen after I fit the plugs. Apart from +/- coppers, there is a pair of thin wires running along with the coppers, what are those, and can i cut it off while connecting the plugs ?

TIA

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts