i would like to sell my hifi separates on ebay what do you think ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi im thinking of selling my technics separates on ebay in the next few weeks , im a little scared because i don't know what to expect ..

its a intergrated hifi amplifier su a707 amp ( technics) , compact disc player sl-pg5 ( technics) , stereo synthesizer tuner st - gt550 ( techincs) and my hifi speakers b&w dm601 s3 sorrento speakers , ive also got some qed cable micro quite a few meters and some target fixed wall speaker brackets , got all cables remote controls and instructions and original box's .. im selling it because it just does not get used anymore , got children and they don't let me listen to it , or i just don't the time to listen to it anymore .. what shall i do sell it separatley or as a hifi unit .. please can you help ..

im not sure if this is the correct place to ask these questions , im just hopeing some one will help .. thankyou ..

A

Anonymous

I would sell it seperately, there are more people looking for the individual components than peole looking for a whole setup. You will get better prices overall.

A

Anonymous

thankyou both for your help .. i was thinking of listing them this weekend .. ive had the amp , tuner , cd player since 2003 .. the hifi speakers since 2006 .. this hifi is just collecting dust .. i love my music and i love listening to it , its just as soon as its switched on its turn it off .. i think i used it 3/4 times in 2008 .. thats how much i never use it ..

thankyou again everyone for your help ..

A

Anonymous

Just don't sell it and then find that you would still like a music system even if it is for just the odd occasion and end up having to buy another, as you won't get much for the components.

A

Anonymous

Yes, sell them as separate items on E-Bay. Never sell them as a package - you get lousy value.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
The B&W speakers are sought after, so will probably fetch the most.

If music is important, but you don't get the chance to listen to it, have you thought about an ipod? Leave the kids to their programmes and listen to your music in peace.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
The 601 S3's are sought after currently; rarely come on eBay and youve got them in a good colour as well :)

The rest im not sure about but i dont think youll get massive prices.

Ive found, in the past and in my experience; that selling around the 8 and 9pm times on a Sunday evening is best (sunday to sunday - 7 day auctions)

A

Anonymous

i was thinking about an ipod , but not sure about those ear plug things , so i would have to get proper old fashioned normal headphones .. my neice has got a ipod nano 8gb .. its a supberb little gadget ..

thankyou again for all of your advice , everyone ..

A

Anonymous

Don't sell it, just move out, get yourself a place and listen to some good music.
emotion-2.gif

span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

A

Anonymous

years ago before i ventured into the internet , i used to get the what hifi magazine , i was a big fan of the mag back in the 90's .. i used to get it every month .. i always wanted a medion hifi separates , the prices of those hifi separates and speakers were out of this world .. i know linn and b&o used to be expensive , most likely still are .. but over time , ive just lost that interest in hifi .. im 38 this year .. got 4 wonderful children and happliey married and ive just not had the time to carry on my hobby of hifi .. i used to own a pair of mission speakers they got broken and thats why i own the b&w speakers .. i was gonna get the 602's but they would have been to loud for our house .. plus a bit more dearer ..

A

Anonymous

Wow ... I'm sure you get lot's of fun from your marriage companionship and have a great time with 4 kids, however don't forget yourself dude .... and your "you" time. One day when your kids are grown up and are having children of their own .... you might have some time you'd like to fill with music. So fine, sell your hifi if it's in the way now and you can't see your getting a bigger place where you could have a room to yourself, but make sure you keep hold of your music. Or at least MP3 it for future reference.

A

Anonymous

Yes, Keep your equipment unless you really need the money.

You never know when you'll have the chance to be able to listen to some music again... But when the time come, then your kit will be there. The money you're going to get won't help you much in the future when you decide you want to listen to your music again.

I suggest buying good quality headphones instead of selling the kit, so you can listen to some music while the rest of the family watch TV (everybody happy).

Kids grow up... and maybe someday one of your sons will ask for an amp ...

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
kerri707:
years ago before i ventured into the internet , i used to get the what hifi magazine , i was a big fan of the mag back in the 90's .. i used to get it every month .. i always wanted a medion hifi separates , the prices of those hifi separates and speakers were out of this world .. i know linn and b&o used to be expensive , most likely still are .. but over time , ive just lost that interest in hifi .. im 38 this year .. got 4 wonderful children and happliey married and ive just not had the time to carry on my hobby of hifi .. i used to own a pair of mission speakers they got broken and thats why i own the b&w speakers .. i was gonna get the 602's but they would have been to loud for our house .. plus a bit more dearer ..

Thank you. You've just reminded me why I haven't got any kids.

;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts