I watched the new Pirates of the Caribbean on Amazon Video the other night and it was good!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Has anyone else seen it? What did you think to it?

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
something about the bank scene with Jack was too OTT but i enjoyed the film. a bit more like the first film but i still think they are trying to make a story around setting up a reboot for the franchise. I thought Javier Bardem was great though.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
gel said:
did you rent it of amazon gel ? As my wife wants to watch it

i brought Wonder Woman on blu-ray instead of buying it on 4k and to be honest the blu-ray version was a very good picture and a good film

the other film I brought was of iTunes as a download which amazed me price wise for £10 HD the Mummy which is a good film too

D

Deleted member 2457

I rented it for £4.50, money well spent, I would say it's only a one Watch for me but not sure with you. I rented Wonder Woman too and that was fantastic!

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
gel said:
I rented it for £4.50, money well spent, I would say it's only a one Watch for me but not sure with you. I rented Wonder Woman too and that was fantastic!
The picture quality on Wonder Woman is very good no grain in the picture and that’s on blu-ray so I think it’s not worth the extra money buying it on 4k even though it’s a good film .

i given in last night as I refused to buy fast and furious 8 on iTunes because of the price but ended up buying it as I like those films it is a good action flick and worth getting .

D

Deleted member 2457

Blacksabbath25 said:
gel said:
The picture quality on Wonder Woman is very good no grain in the picture and that’s on blu-ray so I think it’s not worth the extra money buying it on 4k even though it’s a good film .

i given in last night as I refused to buy fast and furious 8 on iTunes because of the price but ended up buying it as I like those films it is a good action flick and worth getting .
I just bought Apple 4K TV and am going to watch Fast and the Furious 8 too! Now I have to workout how to use it first.
regular_smile.png

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
gel said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
gel said:

I just bought Apple 4K TV and am going to watch Fast and the Furious 8 too! Now I have to workout how to use it first.
lol *smile*

D

Deleted member 2457

Blacksabbath25 said:
gel said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
gel said:

lol *smile*
Got it working! Network connection has been a little dodgy but now working. Watching Wonder Women again this time in HDR - looks amazing! I think Wonder Women is Dolby Vision too but it says on the info on my remote it says HDR. I prefer HDR anyway.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
gel said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
gel said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
gel said:

lol *smile*
Got it working! Network connection has been a little dodgy but now working. Watching Wonder Women again this time in HDR - looks amazing! I think Wonder Women is Dolby Vision too but it says on the info on my remote it says HDR. I prefer HDR anyway.
great I think you can connect with WiFi and a internet connection as well .

I’ve just brought some Monitor Audio sliver FX speakers so finely I’ve got 5.1 setup now so the next task I will be buying some speakers for the effect channel probably a second set of Monitor Audio FX for the sides at the back then move onto front effect speakers so I will end up with 9.1 .

ive spent all day tacking speaker cable around my living room for the rear I had to buy 26 meters of speaker cable that’s the boring part it takes ages I had a quick blast with a film sounds ok I’ve just got to do a bit more tweaking with the Av setup to get things right .

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
gel said:
Has anyone else seen it?  What did you think to it?  

i brought Wonder Woman on blu-ray instead of buying it on 4k and to be honest the blu-ray version was a very good picture and a good film 

the other film I brought was of iTunes as a download which amazed me price wise for £10 HD the Mummy which is a good film too 

At your viewing distance can you really get an advantage with 4k anyway on a 50 inch TV?

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
gel said:

At your viewing distance can you really get an advantage with 4k anyway on a 50 inch TV?
to be honest the picture quality is loads better colours are really good much better then my old 14 year old sharp tv in regards of 4k content it’s only slightly better then standard blu-ray films which I will only buy a 4k films if I really like the film but mainly buy blu-rays still they are cheaper and modern films are filmed pretty well it’s when you buy a older films made 20 years ago you start seeing grain on blu-rays and some frames on 4k older films like independents day you notice it the grain in the picture .

overall I am pleased I brought the Sony TV I brought a ex display TV from PC world and I only paid £550 for a 50” but as I am getting older my eyes are not so good as they were when I was 20 lol so glasses have to go on when watching TV now the joys of getting older

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Andrewjvt said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
gel said:
Has anyone else seen it?  What did you think to it?  

to be honest the picture quality is loads better colours are really good much better then my old 14 year old sharp tv in regards of 4k content it’s only slightly better then standard blu-ray films which I will only buy a 4k films if I really like the film but mainly buy blu-rays still they are cheaper and modern films are filmed pretty well it’s when you buy a older films made 20 years ago you start seeing grain on blu-rays and some frames on 4k older films like independents day you notice it the grain in the picture .

overall I am pleased I brought the Sony TV I brought a ex display TV from PC world and I only paid £550 for a 50” but as I am getting older my eyes are not so good as they were when I was 20 lol so glasses have to go on when watching TV now the joys of getting older 

I have an 55inch Sony 1080p
And I wanted a 4k but if Indo I want 65inch and at the moment they are too expensive to justify the change

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I just watched The Mummy.

It was cheap.

And since mercury has a specific gravity of 13.56, just about anything other than a SOLID (as in without a hole inside for a mummy) silver gold sacophogas would FLOAT not sink.

And I swear the same engine fell off the plane twice...

D

Deleted member 2457

Just got Amazon Prime now, given up on Apple 4k and Netflix.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Nice soundtrack and visuals on the latest Pirates film. Rather predictable and nonsensical story-line - as expected. It is a Pirates film.

For an action type film, my children and I prefered the latest X Men Wolverine film. This is the grittiest Marvel film we've seen and all the better for that.

The film that we enjoyed the most recently was The Founder.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts