I want to replace my cayin 252 amplefier for my Proac studio 140 any suggestions.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey fellow hi-fi freaks, Im considering a new amplifier. My kit is Dac Benchmark, Cayin 252b amplifier and My brand new Sonos as cd medium all ripped to Flac on my computer. Xindak cabels wiring for sound.

I am weary happy whit my stereo and think it sounds great but i want more out of my speakers.

I Want more so give me a tip for a good integrated amp for this set up. The problem is that the cayin 252b only 2years old has a weary nice sound and fit good whit the proac`s i have. And i think finding somthing to replace it is difficult, I`m considering one amp for the moment the Chapter Audio Precis but i need help. Give me a suggestion.

Thanks in Advance

hmpto

Norway

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi Hmpto

I have never heard your cayin 252b amp but I guess it give a smooth sound. The proac 140 are very good with accoustic and classical but I found them far too polite with rock and for that reason I would step up from lowish watts cayin to something a lot more powerful to make them get up and dance. The Chapter amp is a gorgeous bit of kit and although it quite a new name in hifi you can trace the technology back to Chords electronic which is awesome. The question is not that Is chapter good enough? but would it be too good?? I would also consider Densen and musical fidelity , both can be have at lower price and oh...if you have any budget left......get yourself a proper cd player!

regards

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the tip, but who need a cd player when you use a dac and use the sonos system to feed it.

The sound is weary good. try it and you will see. Just rip your cd to the loosless flac. To get better sound you have to go vinyl.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi HMP
I am sorry if it seem a bit blunt when a said get a proper cd player. I never said you digital souce is producing a bad sound, I also know that benchmark DAC can produce an awesome sound it just my past experienced in this field that lead me to mention that. The Chapter Audio Precis you mentioned is £4,000 and for that money it would be overkill for your current source. I have heard some serious cdp in the past including Leema untila, Chords blu & dac 64, DCS P8i to name but a few, and as for myself I have owned many lesser but by no mean average players like Nu-vista 3d, Krell KPS28c etc..and imo they make vinyl sound boring in comparison. all imho.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts