hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
AlmaataKZ said:
But I think chances of Apple releasing these features are not very high:

64 gig - 60% chance with next release

128 gig - 10% with next release

solar panel - still 3-5 years away?
Solar panel -why? Makes more sense to have panels on your roof and charge the player that way - the government pay you to do this and it is far more effective.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
In the meantime, you could get one of these - absolute bargain
smiley-money-mouth.gif

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Well you can get 64gb iPad 2 now, so I'm sure this'll trickle down. iPhone 5, poss second release, would be my guess.

Also not sure about solar panel. Nice idea but would encourage leaving out on display and therefore theft. Don't know how possible motion charging like you can get with some watches is.

Another constructive addition to the debate by The_Lhc, well done. When you have something to say, you're very helpful, so it's a shame.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Well you can get 64gb iPad 2 now, so I'm sure this'll trickle down. iPhone 5, poss second release, would be my guess.

Also not sure about solar panel. Nice idea but would encourage leaving out on display and therefore theft. Don't know how possible motion charging like you can get with some watches is.

I have not thought of theft aspect. Still, I think a solar panel, provided it can supply enough power to top up the charge and be small enough to fit in and commercially viable, would be be very handy.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
margetti said:
In the meantime, you could get one of these - absolute bargain
smiley-money-mouth.gif

Not a fan of gold or any other bling. I want caaaaaaaapaaaaaaacity!

Although admittedly even gold plating is not the most useless thing I heard of marketed alongside i-things.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Sounds like you need one of these. Granted it's not very subtle and if someone handed me one I'd probably try shooting things with it but I think it's about as close as you're going to get... #IAMHELPFULDAMMIT

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Sounds like you need one of these. Granted it's not very subtle and if someone handed me one I'd probably try shooting things with it but I think it's about as close as you're going to get... #IAMHELPFULDAMMIT

that is exactly my point - if someone can fit a solar panel inside a radio, chances are apple can fit one inside an iphone.

Paul.

A flexible clothing mounted solar pannel with an inductive charger in the pocket, that would be awesome! Cant see a solar panel on the phone it self working as phones are either in hands or in pockets.

I really like the idea of the iPod Nano watches (whilst we are on the subject of Apple requests) , there are some nice designs out there but the functionality is lacking. If however, you could bluetooth tether them to an iPhone so your notifications pop up on a watch, I think this would be great. Checking a phone in a meeting or restaurant or cinema can seem rude, no one bats an eye at checking a watch. Would be great for when Im on my bike as well so I know if something is worth stopping for!

tiktok-4-580x435.jpg

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
agree re nano-watch, could work for lots of people probably

re solar panel I see it as not having to have it facing the sun all the time but rather being able to top up the charge without the charger when you can e.g by placing it near a window or just on a table in a cafe.

on the subject of 'requests' - I have one for ages :

built-in infrared blinker. that would really turn it into a neat and powerful universal remote (currently already powerful but not very neat - needs a wifi/IR bridge or a IR dongle).

Paul.

There was a program for the Symbian UIQ operating system which did just that (why Nokia/symbian ditched UIQ a couple of years before the smartphone market kicked off I will never know. ) And it could make the Motorola A1000 I had act as a universal remote (worked with Sony Ericsson P series as well) The problem was that the ir could only handle a range of about 1 meter, not sure why this was the case. Mayby an IR repeater on a coffee table would sort it?

TRENDING THREADS