i want a nice slim and small av reciever for ps3, pc and V+

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Honestly, I don't think there's anything in the market for your budget to meet your requirements. Consumers with a low end budget usually expect more for their money, that's why manufacturers make 2.1 systems. The subwoofer in these systems have a built-in amplifier. Because they're manufactured in huge numbers, they're usually cheap.

A separates system that you're after, is usually demanded by audiophiles & as such, are made in small numbers, usually by audiophile manufacturers. You will struggle to get something decent for your budget, especially if you're after a slim receiver.

What about this, available on Richer Sounds for £119.

showimage.php

Match it up with this.

showimage.php

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
jamestay1:£200 amp and speakers.

i only need 2 speakers and a amp. i've got a dvd recorder and ps3 to play my discs.a subwoofer would be great but they're too big.
For an amp/speaker combo for £200 take a look at these.

Connect your PS3 and DVD Recorder to your TV, and your TV to the Wharfedales. Use the TV to control volume.

Later on, when you have the funds, you can add a Beresford Caiman. Connect the PS3 and DVD Recorder to it using the optical/coaxial inputs and control the volume with the Beresford.

jamestay1

Jan 24, 2005
Visit site
AL13N:jamestay1:£200 amp and speakers.

i only need 2 speakers and a amp. i've got a dvd recorder and ps3 to play my discs.a subwoofer would be great but they're too big.
For an amp/speaker combo for £200 take a look at these.

Connect your PS3 and DVD Recorder to your TV, and your TV to the Wharfedales. Use the TV to control volume.

Later on, when you have the funds, you can add a Beresford Caiman. Connect the PS3 and DVD Recorder to it using the optical/coaxial inputs and control the volume with the Beresford.

these look great but how do i connect to the tv ( with white and red phono ?? )

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
jamestay1:these look great but how do i connect to the tv ( with white and red phono ?? )
Yep. Also, in the TV settings make sure the analogue output is set to 'variable'.

jamestay1

Jan 24, 2005
Visit site
i jumped the gun,but i want to connect my pc as well.

i've decided to get the smallest av receiver i can afford new or 2nd hand.

thanks for the help.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Ronald Archiebald:EDITED BY MODS - please do not attack other members

Sorry. It wasn't my intention to 'attack' anyone, as you put it. I just wondered out loud.

Apologies again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts