I saw every TV at CES 2024 (probably) and these 5 were the best

podknocker

No matter how good a television is, it doesn't make the programmes that are available to watch on it, any better.
This is true if the content is rubbish, like Coronation Street or some other banality, but if you watch wildlife programmes, or films with lots of CGI, then a good panel is going to give you a better experience. Saying that, I don't think we need more then HD quality, on 'normal' sized screens. If you have a massive room and need a 58" TV or bigger, then the HD resolution might not be enough. There are so many competing panel technologies now and I find it difficult at the moment seeing which one will succeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: DougK1

Friesiansam

but if you watch wildlife programmes, or films with lots of CGI,
We don't watch much in the way of wildlife programmes and, don't watch films recent enough to have modern CGI, in fact my wife watches few films and, I watch even less.

Neither of us cares enough about any TV, to even consider paying a four figure sum for one. Just a matter of priorities, TV isn't one.

On the other hand, I would happily pay well over a grand for a headphone upgrade...

Reactions: DougK1

podknocker

We don't watch much in the way of wildlife programmes and, don't watch films recent enough to have modern CGI, in fact my wife watches few films and, I watch even less.

Neither of us cares enough about any TV, to even consider paying a four figure sum for one. Just a matter of priorities, TV isn't one.

On the other hand, I would happily pay well over a grand for a headphone upgrade...
I've not owned a TV for more than 3 years and I doubt I'll buy another. It would need a decent price and some sort of extended panel warranty to entice me again. So much on offer, but I've no idea which panel technology will prevail. I'm really into wildlife content and SciFi films and love all those fancy graphics. They do look good on a modern panel, but it's still an expensive purchase and as I mentioned, will the thing be usable in 5 or 10 years?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts