i pod dock suggestions?

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Im after a dock with a RF remote (need to control from other rooms) that sounds great. Any Ideas?

Don't mind the cost.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Ok, I've been doing a search on t'internet and so far have only come up with two other docks with RF remote. One was tin-pot £15 job, so i've discounted that straight off. The other is a Griffin Airdock, for around £50.

It looks fairly solid, with a good looking remote.

Anyone have any experience of it?

idc

Hi bretty. Er, no experience of the Griffin, but I had seen your original post on the mp3 part of the forum so I was having a search too. Apple sell Griffin stuff on their site, which tends to suggest it is at least OK. I also saw on the Griffin site that the airdock has been discontinued, is this good or bad I wonder? Also, it does not get great reviews on Amazon. The lack of response on the forum suggests that using such a dock has not caught on again a reflection of it not being very good, yet anyway. Sorry.

T

the record spot

Assuming cost really is no objection then the Wadia dock, but not sure if it meets your functional requirements. £350-£400.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
the record spot:Assuming cost really is no objection then the Wadia dock, but not sure if it meets your functional requirements. £350-£400.

Cheers for your input, guys.

Wadia dock, eh? Not heard of that. I dont mind paying that if the quality's top notch and has the RF remote. I'll look into it.

Thanks again

T

the record spot

Ah, sorry...worth a shot I thought as didn't know the spec.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
bretty:
Im after a dock with a RF remote (need to control from other rooms) that sounds great. Any Ideas?

Don't mind the cost.

Have you considered the Klipsch RoomGroove? It acts like a multiroom system by transmitting whatever's playing on your iPod in one room wirelessly to another RoomGroove unit in a different room.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Andy Clough:bretty:

Don't mind the cost.

Have you considered the Klipsch RoomGroove? It acts like a multiroom system by transmitting whatever's playing on your iPod in one room wirelessly to another RoomGroove unit in a different room.

Thats a nice looking bit of kit. However, I do my listening to the ipod docked to my bedroom system while im in the bath, I dont think the roomgroove would like being in a steamy bathroom!

A

Anonymous

Or a Sonos with an iPhone as a wi-fi controller. (The Sonos ap is free and apparently works better than their own dedicated controller).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts