I paid £625 for my new Pioneer amp sc-lx901!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2457

It was in Richer Sounds clearance sale open boxed but a true bargain all the same. I also paid £260 for each of my two ex-display Cambridge Audio 4K Blu ray players. I am truly all upgraded now. :)

D

Deleted member 2457

I thought you bought it few weeks ago l, and you sold your Cambridge Audio 4K players recently too.
Hi BB, I tried to make a quick profit on them but have decided to keep them.

buzz_lightclick

Didn’t you sell your LX701 you bought from them as well - think saw it on eBay for a while?

What do you make of the 901 then -is it all set up yet or are you going to pay a professional to do it?
£625 is a very good price by the way.

D

Deleted member 2457

Didn’t you sell your LX701 you bought from them as well - think saw it on eBay for a while?

What do you make of the 901 then -is it all set up yet or are you going to pay a professional to do it?
£625 is a very good price by the way.
Hi Buzz, I bought the 701 first because I thought it was a really good deal for a brand new Pioneer amp £700. The next day they had on sale the 901 though for £625 and I couldn’t resist that price so I bought that too. I ended up taking the 701 back to Richer Sounds brand new still though. To be honest I have been using my home cinema system much at all. The sc-lx901 does seem to have a better centre speaker though on it whereas the 81 has better surround sound. On the 81 I have the sub setup better so I change back to that but I think I have only used it a couple of times since I went back to it again.

They are both very good amps though and now I have a back up Pioneer amp for £625 where you can still buy it brand new for £2500 roughly. Most flagship Pioneer amps are sold out though I am not sure what Pioneer will do next. Maybe that’s it for them but they still say stock is coming on them so will see.

Reactions: buzz_lightclick

buzz_lightclick

Hi Buzz, I bought the 701 first because I thought it was a really good deal for a brand new Pioneer amp £700. The next day they had on sale the 901 though for £625 and I couldn’t resist that price so I bought that too. I ended up taking the 701 back to Richer Sounds brand new still though. To be honest I have been using my home cinema system much at all. The sc-lx901 does seem to have a better centre speaker though on it whereas the 81 has better surround sound. On the 81 I have the sub setup better so I change back to that but I think I have only used it a couple of times since I went back to it again.

They are both very good amps though and now I have a back up Pioneer amp for £625 where you can still buy it brand new for £2500 roughly. Most flagship Pioneer amps are sold out though I am not sure what Pioneer will do next. Maybe that’s it for them but they still say stock is coming on them so will see.
Yes I ve noticed the newest flagship, the SC-LX904 is out of stock everywhere, I think Covid -19 meant production and supply delays, but I’m not sure if it’s ever going to be released over here now.
No I don’t think you’ll get a better deal than £625 for a 901, even 2nd hand they tend to go for close to £1000.

Yes I ve noticed the newest flagship, the SC-LX904 is out of stock everywhere, I think Covid -19 meant production and supply delays, but I’m not sure if it’s ever going to be released over here now.
No I don’t think you’ll get a better deal than £625 for a 901, even 2nd hand they tend to go for close to £1000.
The question is why he needs it and two bluray players.....

D

Deleted member 2457

Why would anyone need a backup amp? Not heard of anyone having one. Maybe you should sell the one you won't use.
No I dont think anyone really needs a backup amp but I do like my Pioneer and B&W combination and thought well I could get one cheap I would. I have also tried several other amps as you know and none of them I have enjoyed as much as these two Pioneer amps I now have.

buzz_lightclick

Exactly my question! At one stage you had 2 TVs and a projector!
I think the projectors episode was just a failed experiment.
We know Gel’s purchases are slightly irrational but it’s his hobby so I’m just interested to know what he makes of them rather than the why he’s buying.
The Pioneer is a good buy at the price he got it, I guess his old amp won’t last forever.

D

Deleted member 188533

Well some people have 10 pairs of headphones you could ask why too?

Hey....... I only have 8. :p

z3XACnU.gif

Reactions: Al ears
D

Deleted member 2457

I have decided you guys are right I have got rid of my Pioneer TV now. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts