I have no sound from the tweeter

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey there,

I got my hands on a pair of second hand Wharfedale Evo 30 speakers.

I have taken a good listen, before i took them home with me.

At home i replaced the speakers and connected my biwire cable, but first connected some bananaplugs.

Then i took my Chris Rea cd and heared that there was no sound from the tweeter from one of them.

Can this be because of a wrong wire connectoin or is it because of the speed bumps?

I have not disconnect them yet!

Thanx already

A

Anonymous

It is unlikely though not impossible transporting the speakers has caused an internal connection to break loose - if so this is not too hard to fix. First though how have you connected your plugs? Are they screw in or solder? This sounds to me as the most likely culprit if your have just attached the plugs.

A

Anonymous

I have just re connect all plugs en screw'd them extra tight.

I don't know if my other speakers also had a tweeter problem, i will reconnect them tomorrow.

If this is not the problem, how can i fix it, can you tell me step by step please?

thanx Octopo.

(I'm from the Netherlands so i'm sorry for any Englisch lanquage problems.)

A

Anonymous

It would be well worth connecting your old speakers up because it would identify if the problem lies with the new speakers or not. Let us know what happens and we can take it from there.

A

Anonymous

Remove the tweeter, borrow a multimeter and do a continuity check.

A

Anonymous

Something strange was going on here!

I removed the bananaplugs and connected the speakercable again, no difference, i'm a bit P... off so i crancked up the volume/power, and there's somethings "stupid" like a plop sound and everything is ok!!! The two speakers sound a like, how this hapens??

I'm happy any way now but...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts