I have an 8 ohm amplifier. Can I power 8ohm speakers?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
TrevC said:
CnoEvil said:
It depends on the impedance curve of the speakers ie. do they drop to under 4 Ohms.

...though TBF, I suspect you'll be fine.

Is there an impedance curve for every speaker WHF tests? If not, how would you know if your ***** rated speaker is a difficult load? In the absence of a frequency response graph, how can you tell if the speakers are going to sound a bit bright?

+1

I've said that to them several times over the past few years but they never reply.

There's no rule says you can't look at other mags, e.g. HFN+RR or Stereophile, which do publish impedance and FR graphs.

TrevC

matt49 said:
steve_1979 said:
TrevC said:
CnoEvil said:
It depends on the impedance curve of the speakers ie. do they drop to under 4 Ohms.

...though TBF, I suspect you'll be fine.

Is there an impedance curve for every speaker WHF tests? If not, how would you know if your ***** rated speaker is a difficult load? In the absence of a frequency response graph, how can you tell if the speakers are going to sound a bit bright?

+1

I've said that to them several times over the past few years but they never reply.

There's no rule says you can't look at other mags, e.g. HFN+RR or Stereophile, which do publish impedance and FR graphs.

True, but perhaps they could dismantle the wanky wire listenig department and do something useful instead.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
TrevC said:
True, but perhaps they could dismantle the wanky wire listenig department and do something useful instead.

Get real: it's a shopping magazine for gadgets and low-to-mid-priced AV and hi-fi. And bits of wire.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts