Question I have a Rega io and am looking to connect to a pair of floorstanders

Many thanks
any Richersounds or other dealers around you to get to?
just bear in mind that with the lowish output of your amp you need to look at the most efficient speakers you can find so perhaps the Mission LX5 might be worth a listen to.
Basically audition whatever you can and, if possible, in your own room with your amp.

Last edited:

Fidelity dom

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
Kef q350s would be within budget ((£380) & the kef q300 you can pick up s/h for around £200. They will also both be worthy of a more powerful amp should you up grade in the future. The older q300s are front ported which makes them a little more forgiving if you have to place them closer to a rear wall.........i used to own the q300s & used them with an old 30 watt rotel amp & they were great to my ears😁

Fidelity dom

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
Kef q350s would be within budget ((£380) & the kef q300 you can pick up s/h for around £200. They will also both be worthy of a more powerful amp should you up grade in the future. The older q300s are front ported which makes them a little more forgiving if you have to place them closer to a rear wall.........i used to own the q300s & used them with an old 30 watt rotel amp & they were great to my ears😁
Appolgies i realise you were asking about floor standers.........ignore my comments above as they are both stand mounters....doh🤪

Reactions: Al ears

Knight1543

May 12, 2022
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your comments, I’m going to listen to a pair of AE-109’s tomorrow any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, I understand their 4ohms , I’m attracted to the price £430 and the fact they’re compact for floorstanders, obviously my ears will decide but advice is welcome

Thanks everyone for your comments, I’m going to listen to a pair of AE-109’s tomorrow any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, I understand their 4ohms , I’m attracted to the price £430 and the fact they’re compact for floorstanders, obviously my ears will decide but advice is welcome
it would appear they are 6 ohm and 89dB, if they are the latest edition, so reasonably easy to drive, they have certainly been very well reviewed.

Knight1543

May 12, 2022
Visit site
Unfortunately they are the old edition end of line from audio t, I usually go with what hifi 5 star gear, as it’s never let me down yet, but can’t find anything regarding the ae-109, and not the ae-109 2

Knight1543

May 12, 2022
Visit site
I listen to music lying on the sofa, but all sorted, I went for Dali Oberon 5’s as they’re small, & lucked out as I exchanged my io for a brand new brio (grade b) only for a few quid more so I’m a happy camper, however I would really appreciate advice on any potential upgrade for my turntable, which is currently an AT-LP120XBTUSB, would a Rega p3 make a significant difference?
Any opinions are more than welcome, thanks

I listen to music lying on the sofa, but all sorted, I went for Dali Oberon 5’s as they’re small, & lucked out as I exchanged my io for a brand new brio (grade b) only for a few quid more so I’m a happy camper, however I would really appreciate advice on any potential upgrade for my turntable, which is currently an AT-LP120XBTUSB, would a Rega p3 make a significant difference?
Any opinions are more than welcome, thanks
the P3 would but also look at similar priced Pro-ject turntables

gasolin

For 605 euros or 526 pound you can get a pair of Mission LX 6 MK II in Denmark, if the amp can handle down to 3 ohm i will say a pair of those speakers. The mission LX 5 MK II can be bought for 499 pounds in uk

If to crazy a pair of mission LX 3 mk II + stands

If you wanna play loud look at klipsch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts