Question I have a RCDM1DAB denon would a telescopic aerial be better than the wire it comes with ?

wire aerials vs telescopic aerials ?

• Total voters

Farhanc

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
Hello I have a RCDM1DAB denon would a telescopic aerial be better than the wire it comes with ?

What are peoples thoughts on wire aerials vs telescopic aerials ?

Yours

Farhan

Q

DCarmi

Depends on the aerial. Radio reception is not great where I am. I tried a couple and ended up with a DAB one. DAB reception is better and fm non-existent.

I mostly use radio as an alarm or to listen to 5 live.

Messiah

Hello Messiah,

Firstly, thank you for invaluable advice.

How many extra stations did you get compared to the standard Denon Y shaped Aerial ?

Also, what make did you purchase and where from?

Yours

Farhan
Hmm. I cannot put actual numbers on it. I just know that using the wire aerial I was missing certain channels I listened to.

With the telescopic aerial all those missing channels appeared along with a lot more.

I just got a basic one from Amazon - https://amzn.eu/d/09mSlyiA

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
If you're in a strong reception area, then the wire supplied with most receivers will most likely be as good as a cheap telescopic antenna.
If you desire seriously good FM quality or you are in an area of weak reception, then a decent FM antenna designed for the specific frequency range used for broadcasting in your country is always going to be your best bet. This can be attic mounted or preferably on the roof. You also have a choice of directional or omnidirectional.

Farhanc

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
Hmm. I cannot put actual numbers on it. I just know that using the wire aerial I was missing certain channels I listened to.

With the telescopic aerial all those missing channels appeared along with a lot more.

I just got a basic one from Amazon - https://amzn.eu/d/09mSlyiA
Hello Messiah ,

I took your advice and purchased the aerial and it works fine.

Yours

Farhan

Reactions: Messiah

TRENDING THREADS