i have £200 for a CD Player, which one chaps?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys

i currently own a Marantz CD-63 MK II Signature

have hardly used it over the years, still going strong, yet i seem to find loads of FAULTY ones on Ebay

want something that surpasses this for Audio Quality, have read a few reviews but still unsure

i listen to a lot of Rock, Bon Jovi,Whitesnake, etc etc, also love Jazz Funk and mainstream pop, bit of classical aswell

any ideas what is a super dooper CD Player for my Budget?

A

Anonymous

Just wanted a bit of a fuller sound if possible, im also looking to upgrade and get something that will last me a good few years, just a bit worried about my current CD Player giving up the ghost, not sure how long these things last, i do have about 800 CD`s now, lots of styles of music

matthewpiano

I know what you mean about wanting a fuller sound. For £200 I think you'll struggle to 'improve' on the Marantz but you could certainly get something which is different and gives you more of the warmth you are after. I'd start by looking at the NAD players. I've pulled my old C521BEE out again and (using it with the Pioneer A400 until the NAD amp comes) it has certainly given me that extra depth/fullness. Your budget will buy a C515BEE or C525BEE. A further £100 takes you up to C545BEE from some dealers.

A

Anonymous

Put your CD's onto a hard drive, then it will match a high end CD player!

A

Anonymous

He'll need a dac trevor its no good just having music on a hdd :) but it is a good suggestion for £229 you can get a dac magic and use it for flac ect and also stuff your cdp digital out into it, and from what ive heard get an inprovment in sound quality that way too.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I dont think you get a 200 pound cd player beat the marantz cd63 soundwise. I have a marantz cd63se and it even beat the nad c542 that I had which was at least 300-350 pounds. You probably have to get the new nad c545 or a creek evo or arcam which are around 500 pound. The dacmagic is another option that people are raving about.

Cheers,

Steve.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
WAYNESTER:Just wanted a bit of a fuller sound if possible, im also looking to upgrade and get something that will last me a good few years, just a bit worried about my current CD Player giving up the ghost, not sure how long these things last, i do have about 800 CD`s now, lots of styles of music

What amp do you have?

A

Anonymous

For that sort of money you'd have to go second hand. I would say NAD would be a good sound match and are very well built (i.e. a second hand one would last you years). The same can be said for Arcam and a mint CD72 or 73 would proabably be something of a sonic upgrade for around £150 on ebay. Mines given me two years of solid usage and was around 5 or 6 years old when I got it.

TRENDING THREADS