I do like...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
igglebert:What sort of characteristics do you get with solid core ICs as opposed to stranded. Subjective question but there must be some basic theory. Presumably a solid core will have less 'skin' so isn't as good at higher frequencies (which travel around the outside skin of the conductor, in general). I may be barking up the wrong wall...

Personally speaking I find the sound to be cleaner with greater pitch definition in the bass and also smoother at the top end.

Technically speaking I have no idea though :)

Check out DNM's (cable part) website - there is quite alot of techy info there but I won't pretend to understand much of it - but logically speaking I just like the idea of there being just one single wire for the signal transfer rather than dozens.

And it sounds absolutely fantastic!**

**In my room with my kit for my musical preference, other types of cable are available

A

Anonymous

Indeed gents, indeed. But isn't it fun trying different cables
emotion-1.gif
Grab a Silver High Breed when you fancy playing around, the Coherence LE is rather good for the cash.

A

Anonymous

You could always email them. Very helpful. I think it'd be a useful step into the Naim-like world for them
emotion-1.gif

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
Well i think the trading on badge comments for both Naim and Arcam are largely unjustified. In a competitive market both must deliver as best they can a decent product at the price. Now this may not ultimately be to your own taste but generally the reviews are good for both - Arcam Solo / Mini, Naimuniti are all excellent examples of being well regarded.

Arcam's separates product reviews do vary from average to amazing depending on what you read. The higher range i still believe are really great items - my own system stands up so well as an under £700 outlay each for the CD and Amplifier (new). The Naim also seems to be a love or hate view from the forum.

Personally i would like to demo the Naim XS as well. I think i like a slightly smoother style so maybe it wont be for me but i still am keen to try it out. But then we all have brands we dont like so much and mine is Cyrus to add a bit of fuel to the fire :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts